Chairs with arms = Evil

I think i need to get myself one of these bar stools...
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
My bed
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
drum throne works well, piano bench...anything without arms, really
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
when you are buying a stool try to get one with a hydrolic lift so you that you can adjust the height.
i stand when i practice.

you should practice the way you intend on playing.

i only sit when i play acoustic, then it's the couch.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by AcousticMirror
What do you guys sit on while practicing?
I need a new chair of some sort.

C'mon man, you're relatively new to guitar, I don't think you need to go out and spend a bunch of money on some boutique guitar stool. Get comfortable with the chairs you have before you go buying more.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by R.D
Chairs with arms = Evil

I think i need to get myself one of these bar stools...

haha definitely agree! I sit on my computer chair. I've adjusted now, but arms ARE the devil.
I've been using an office chair with arms all these years. Try playing an Explorer-shape guitar while sitting on one of those, takes some getting used to lol
Check the clearance page of the online music retailers. They usually have overstock on fender, charvel, zildjian, etc bar stools for ridiculous prices. I recently got two for our rehearsal space for $50 total.
any chair works... bench even... bed?

chairs with arms, not really your friend.....
Is bad ass one or two words?
Hey guys...this thread is from 2009.

The July 2010er bumped it.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Jul 20, 2010,
You should pick up one by Death by Audio, at random intervals a nail shoots up your rectum, also it breaks down because it's built like crap.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I stand on my head whilst playing, sometimes I do backflips.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Theres no two ways about it, you can't get a really great tone unless you go into the boutique market of guitar seating. People these days talk about new fangled folding chairs and plastic coating but let me tell you, theres a reason Jimmy Page refused to play on anything but a fender seat.

Careful though, this pic is clearly a replica so you'll have to hunt around to try to get an original, they just sound better. They go for a lot these days but no serious player will take second best on his seating.
a chair, or a crappy wee stool. i stand a lot while playing too, as gregs said. i'm still better at playing sitting, lol.

I'm guessing something like a bar stool or similar is the way to go, so you don't have arms in the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't think I ever sit when I play electric. It's good to practice standing, since that is how you'll play a show.
it's an AM thread.

it must be spammed.

at least he's admitting to basically buying furniture.
Quote by gregs1020

at least he's admitting to basically buying furniture.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i practice laying down now. it's just like standing up but way better.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
What do you guys sit on while practicing?
I need a new chair of some sort.

Oh man this thread is so old... Its from back when AM was still playing his guitars.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I recently upgraded from a squire stool to a fender stool. the difference in tone has been unreal.
I like chairs that have a back and no arms, that way u can relax and sit back while still not having any chair arm interference although normally i just move up on my computer chair (that has arms)
Quote by Zoot Allures
Theres no two ways about it, you can't get a really great tone unless you go into the boutique market of guitar seating. People these days talk about new fangled folding chairs and plastic coating but let me tell you, theres a reason Jimmy Page refused to play on anything but a fender seat.

Careful though, this pic is clearly a replica so you'll have to hunt around to try to get an original, they just sound better. They go for a lot these days but no serious player will take second best on his seating.

My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Dave_Mc