Hey guys,

I'm 15 years old and lack money. I own both a bass guitar and a guitar, and an amp for each. The thing is in this new band I'm in, I play the guitar. The problem is, my guitar amp, a 2 watt Microcube just doesn't cut it (Its an amazing practice amp, but cant be heard over drums). The bass amp I have is a 180 watt Behringer. I recently discovered that if I plug my guitar through my Boss DS-1 distortion pedal and into the bass amp, I can get some half decent sounds that can be heard over the rest of the band, even with the pedal off.

My question is, if I'm playing an electric guitar through a distortion pedal into the bass amp, could the higher frequencies **** up the amp? Also, could anyone give me some suggestions on the bass amp settings I should use (The only real settings on the POS Behringer are volume, low, low mid, high and high mid).

Thanks guys.
As far as I know it is ok to put a guitar through a bass amp but harmful to put bass through a guitar amp. its the low frequencies that mess things up not the high.

a bunch of bands use bass amps for their guitars too.
Quote by zzzzzzzzzzzzz
As far as I know it is ok to put a guitar through a bass amp but harmful to put bass through a guitar amp. its the low frequencies that mess things up not the high.

a bunch of bands use bass amps for their guitars too.

So the distortion couldnt blow it or anything?
Quote by Hysteria25
So the distortion couldnt blow it or anything?

No, infact loads of bassists use the Boss DS1 for their basses AFAIK.

And just remember to keep the tone control from going over 11 o'clock, cause it sounds rubbish.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
No, infact loads of bassists use the Boss DS1 for their basses AFAIK.

And just remember to keep the tone control from going over 11 o'clock, cause it sounds rubbish.

Thanks mate,

Would you be able to suggest any ideas for the bass amp tone specifically? It has 4 options: Low, Low Mid, High, High Mid
Would you have any idea what I should set each to? I cant find anything good.

Thanks
Quote by Lil Macker
Well what genre are you playing?

Arctic Monkeys alt rock style music
Quote by Hysteria25
Arctic Monkeys alt rock style music

Well, take down the low mid a bit, and maybe take the highs and the high mid up a little bit. And keep the bass around half way. Nothing too extreme. I'd have the tone on the DS-1 about half 9 o'clock, and take the distortion about halfway, or a little more if you're looking for their lead tones.

I'm kinda basing this off my own amp though, and my Strat. I actually quite like the tone off the DS-1 like this, it sounds really nice, although I use an OD pedal (or set the distortion up a bit and use the volume on my guitar to clean it up) for the lead tones.
Cam Sampbell's my hero