A question, can you use the UX2 as a direct recording interface without having to use the included line 6 software, and if you can how would you go about this?

For example, i will be recording with mixcraft 4. Now, i want to just use the UX2 as a direct in to mixcraft so i can use my other VST plugins. Will i be able to do this or do i have to run the provided line 6 Gearbox/Pod Farm software?

Any help appreciated.
You have to run Gearbox or Pod Farm every time you want to record. You can turn all the settings off or just run through the tuner to bypass the Pod Farm/Gearbox effects though ;D
^On some software I've found that you don't actually have to have Gearbox running.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
You have to run Gearbox or Pod Farm every time you want to record. You can turn all the settings off or just run through the tuner to bypass the Pod Farm/Gearbox effects though ;D

I use my Guitarport and use Guitar Rig. I haven't had Gearbox or Pod Farm installed in a while. So no you don't need the Line 6 software, just their driver.
Quote by beatnik25
I use my Guitarport and use Guitar Rig. I haven't had Gearbox or Pod Farm installed in a while. So no you don't need the Line 6 software, just their driver.

Cool. How do you like using the Toneport(im assuming) as just an interface? Is it a better choice then others in its price range? I was considering this or the Presonus Firebox, unfortunatly my PC doesnt have a fire wire port and im not gonna spend 120 on the firewire to usb cable. :/
As much as I'd love to help you out by comparison I just can't. I can tell you that ever since I've had my Guitarport I haven't thought about buying another interface. It takes care of what I need ten-fold.