Just bought a new Valveking and went I turn up the gain or hit the gain boost button I get that same annoying buzz I've had on every other valve amp I've owned. I tried it on both my SG and my G400 (which has shielded pickups) and it's the same problem, but when I click my Boss Tuner to mute, it goes silent, which makes me think it's a guitar issue.

Any ideas? Should I just pony up for the noise gate pedal?
Last edited by drewfromutah at Dec 20, 2009,
Buzz??? If your amp is silent when it's Muted.......and the first pedal in your chain is the tuner The noise source would be the guitar.
If you are going to play high gain stuff, then a noise gate is an absolute must. Buzz at high-gain is such a pain in the ass that some high-gain distortion boxes are now built with a noise gate included. Any good noise suppressor/gate should do just fine.
What's your amp?
Check out an ISP Decimator.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
pretty much dude. I've got an AC30 that hisses something awful when its at full volume, and it's less than a month old so I know for sure its not the caps or anything. im looking into a noise suppressor as we speak.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
pretty much dude. I've got an AC30 that buzzes something awful when its at full volume, and it's less than a month old so I know for sure its not the caps or anything. im looking into a noise suppressor as we speak.

I disagree All Amp's "Buzz" When Cranked........Hiss, Feedback yes and a Noise Suppressor will help. BUZZ???......I'd like to hear a clip.
If you're using it in the same place all the time, could well be your house's wiring or something else on the same circuit causing interference. Could even be a nearby TV, lightbulb etc
Quote by mmjohn
I disagree All Amp's "Buzz" When Cranked........Hiss, Feedback yes and a Noise Suppressor will help. BUZZ???......I'd like to hear a clip.

by buzz i mean hiss.