Hey all,

I recently bought the Pulse DVD and I was watching the One Of These Days track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HpY31CGgqY

Anyways, can anyone tell me how Guy Pratt is playing the main Bass riff? it looks like he's kind of strumming the strings with some delay, i've tried experimenting, but I just can't quite get it right.

Cheers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Dec 20, 2009,
he's slappin da bass
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
I know that on the record there are two basses, one being played by Waters the other by Gilmour. Can't help you with the video though.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
In the opening, he is slapping with a relaxed hand. Later he is using a pick and playing alternate picking, which looks like he's strumming the strings. There is definitely some delay on his bass, too.
Hes strumming that bit with a pick and defiantly hitting most of the strings.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Get a delay going with a long decay. Then just match the tempo with your playing (tap tempo comes in handy).