I've got a Schecter Blackjack ATX with original Floyd Rose. It stays in tune fine, but i found something that shouldn't be happening.
When the strings are locked in place, i can still turn the pegs and retune the guitar, which i don't think should be happening. The strings are locked (at least i think they are) in place, and i can retune it any time i want using the turning peg like on tremolo or fixed bridge, and not use the fine tuners. What i find interesting is that after doing any amount of dive bombs it doesn't go out of tune. Is it supposed to be like that ??? My friend has a floyd rose special and his guitar can only be tuned using fine tuners, and not turning pegs after the strings have been locked, unlike mine. Thx for the help.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
How come it's not going out of tune. If it wasn't tight enough it would go out of tune after using whammy, but it stays in tune perfectly. O_O
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
It wouldn't necessarily go out of tune. If the string is locked in place at the tuner by using locking tuners or good stringing technique, it'll stay in tune. The locking nut also shortens the usable length of the string which gives Floyds their range.
My friend plays bass, and a little bit of guitar, and he doesn't know what a floyd is, so he thought it's a normal guitar and he turned the peg.
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
I tightened the locking nut and everything is fine. Thx for the help
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab