we probably would it's just we don't know how
We're the one's who gonna watch 'em burn it down

We were gonna write a better song
but we're fine with this one
if you're fine with this one
and you're fine with this one
so we're fine with this one
I want Super Saiyan abilities
I think that you are a dork... And Chuck doesn't need to play the right chords, that is how it works, and why punk is amazing in it's own way... Sure, they might not be the best musicians or singers, but let me tell you. If you had ever been to a REAL punk show, you would understand.

I hope you meant this sarcastically. *rolls eyes*

What the **** am I talking about! Of course you meant this sarcastically. Come here you dweeb! *noogie*

haha. I had you going, eh!?
So... Jeff Lynne is still making music.. all is well.

Check out my Ebook!: Yogi Jam!
Last edited by BlakeAlan at Dec 20, 2009,
The satire is here and it works well within the format it's presented, but somehow it came off sour, like a small child mocking the other by simply stating "no you" and running to his mother. What makes brilliant satire is it mocks it's subject through imitation, but always maintains it is better, not by obvious statement, but by subtle superiority. I liked this, but not enough to elict more than a small chuckle.
Which is the point I was making by pretending to get pissed. It is hard to tell if it is funny, or if you really just hate the punx.

Sounds like a punk song to me

Anyway I liked it. Kudos sir.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
As a poem, I like it, although I don't know how it would work in a song format. I like all of this except the fourth stanza; that one really doesn't feel like it makes any point, but more just stumbles around. Still, overall, I think this is a pretty cool piece.

C4C? Anything from my sig would be great.
The fourth stanza is obviously about the attitude of punk. Obviously they aren't going to do anything because all they can do is what they do, the music, and punk music isn't going to bring world peace or end hunger, or smash corrupt democracy. ; )

I wasn't really taking a stab at punk. Not directly anyway. This song is about my own so-called-band and our shortcomings.
Some of you guys made some really interesting points about the punk scene and I think it could foster some quality, productive discussion.
But I mostly try to stay oblivious to scenes and the like. I make the closest thing to music that I'm capable of and I do it because it makes me happy.

edit: For once, you guys gave me too much credit.
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Last edited by rebelmidget at Dec 20, 2009,