Page 1 of 2
Yes, only $39 for 5 grams well I thought it would be illegal to sell uranium but apparently not... I am actually considering buying this.

anyone else? I reckon we should all buy 5 grams each and make a nuke, for the UG missile silo.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Holy crap uranium, hey?

There was a thread on this a while I if I remember correctly. One of the comments were:

"I bought some 4.5 billion years ago and when it arrived it half empty!"
Last edited by denfilade at Dec 20, 2009,
Not all Uranium is radioactive and hence not dangerous in that respect. Furthermore use of it to release energy requires it to be 'enriched', which this probably isn't considering its relative cheapness.

In other words there's not reason for it to be illegal.

ATHEDIT: What? The one they're selling IS high purity and radioactive...
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Last edited by Athabasca at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Athabasca
Not all Uranium is radioactive and hence not dangerous in that respect. Furthermore use of it to release energy requires it to be 'enriched', which this probably isn't considering its relative cheapness.

What? The one they're selling IS high purity and radioactive...

Yeah according to US law the maximum amount they're allowed to sell to the public is 5 grams.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Athabasca

Enlighten us.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
Enlighten us.

I believe uranium-238, (Which they're selling) is used in nukes, not as the 'explosive' but to surround the fissile mass and reflect neutrons into it causing it to go critical... I think.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Athabasca

What they're selling is high purity Uranium-238, which is radioactive but not suitable for nuclear weapons. That's U-239, which is present in only a very small percentage mixed in with more common U-238, and since the stuff they're selling is "high purity", there will probably be even less.

So basically, you were mostly correct prior to your edit.
kill all humans
Quote by osXtiger
Enlighten us.

Things are only radioactive if the proton:neutron ratio is too high. I was under the impression that the ratio was still pretty stable for un-enriched Uranium. On revision of my physics textbook I now know that U-238 is unstable though.

EDIT: Also, if you had U-237 or U-236 or something, less neutrons means more stable, hence less radioactive. You could get light enough Uranium which wouldn't be radioactive by decreasing the number of neutrons.

I think.

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Last edited by Athabasca at Dec 20, 2009,
I remember when my math teacher broke Uranium into class. I still haven't forgiven him for the extra toe.
You have different kinds and you can only use weapons grade materials...worth a try tho :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
"Machining will produce particles that can spontaneously ignite producing radioactive smoke.".

I know what I want for xmas now, some uranium, a belt sander and a biro with the pen bit taken out.

This site is awesome, you can buy somebody cancer for xmas!

https://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_4&products_id=464
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Dec 20, 2009,
That's U-238, which is practically useless.

U-235 is the interesting one.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Athabasca
Things are only radioactive if the proton:neutron ratio is too high. I was under the impression that the ratio was still pretty stable for un-enriched Uranium. On revision of my physics textbook I now know that U-238 is unstable though.

EDIT: Also, if you had U-237 or U-236 or something, less neutrons means more stable, hence less radioactive. You could get light enough Uranium which wouldn't be radioactive by decreasing the number of neutrons.

I think.

I think it's the other way around. Since neutrons are pretty much glue for protons.
Quote by denfilade
Holy crap uranium, hey?

There was a thread on this a while I if I remember correctly. One of the comments were:

Was.

Why would you want to buy Uranium anyway? You won't know what the hell to do with it.
Yeah, well, good luck with your lukemia.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Oh great now were going to get an early chritmas present from al qaeda
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
Uranium isn't really radioactive at all. 4.5 billion years is a long time for half of it to have decayed radioactively. It's only dangerous when it is all forced to split at once.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by frankv
I think it's the other way around. Since neutrons are pretty much glue for protons.

Having more/less protons would make it a different element though. The bigger number denotes the neutrons, which can be removed/added without changing the atomic number or element. That's how isotopes are made.

I didn't laugh at it being sold, I laughed at it being sold for only 40 bucks.
Quote by Julz127
Yes, only $39 for 5 grams well I thought it would be illegal to sell uranium but apparently not... I am actually considering buying this.

anyone else? I reckon we should all buy 5 grams each and make a nuke, for the UG missile silo.

Oh God yes
Quote by p o e
I sent my mom to GC once to get me some picks, and she came back with a pickguard for a Tele. I don't even have a Tele!
Quote by denfilade
Holy crap uranium, hey?

Science jokes are simultaneously funny and facepalmingly horrible.

****ing Schroedinger.
Keep your friends close, and your enemies at gunpoint.
Where words fail, bullets speak.
Violence never solved anything, except for every conflict ever.

30-Day Album progress:
DONE.
Go ahead, click it. Ya know you want to.
THIS IS REALLY REALLY OLD GUYS!

There was a thread on this ages ago..... 'lulz' were had....its now in the past..
ok, I would have no use for uranium but all right
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
What they're selling is high purity Uranium-238, which is radioactive but not suitable for nuclear weapons. That's U-239, which is present in only a very small percentage mixed in with more common U-238, and since the stuff they're selling is "high purity", there will probably be even less.

So basically, you were mostly correct prior to your edit.

Why do you know so much about making nukes?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
Why do you know so much about making nukes?

9th grade science, brah.
Keep your friends close, and your enemies at gunpoint.
Where words fail, bullets speak.
Violence never solved anything, except for every conflict ever.

30-Day Album progress:
DONE.
Go ahead, click it. Ya know you want to.
It isn't like it is weapons grade. So what's the big deal? We had some in my chemistry class in high school.
Quote by Julz127

Oh my god, yes. Win. Win. Win.

Anyone else remember that?
Quote by Bizzare/mu/tant
9th grade science, brah.

Yah I'm in my last year in Chemical Production Engineering Technology and know nothing about making nukes. But I can start up a refinery....
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Spitz13

Remember? I'm still saving for it.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

so.....that death laser.....anyone have one
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by dustyboy316
Yah I'm in my last year in Chemical Production Engineering Technology and know nothing about making nukes. But I can start up a refinery....

Yeah we need some more vespene. Anyone wanna get those scv's back on the job? We need 200 minerals and 200 vespene for a nuclear missile.

Quote by Athabasca
Yeah we need some more vespene. Anyone wanna get those scv's back on the job? We need 200 minerals and 200 vespene for a nuclear missile.

SCVs good to go, sir.

Wait, our population is 193!

Quote by Spitz13

Yes. Though TBH, where we'd get an ICBM to put the nuke on for the silo beats me.
Page 1 of 2