Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

I was listening to Crimson by Edge of Sanity (1 Song Album, The song is 40 Minutes) and I thought, that we should do something like that here. It seems a pretty cool idea, and I suppose it litterally does have no limits. I'll post a starting basis I made, not very good, but what the hell, feel free to use bits or delete, or start a whole new one if you want

Thanks

Ultrasonic
Attachments:
The Fall.gp5
Whatever you deem necessary I'm sure it will sound super cool, If loads of people, all with different influences add to it. I was thinking it would work like a concept song, so every now and then, revisit old themes from the song, re-use parts, and add stuff over, layer etc. Just do what you want really

EDIT: Once its finished, I shall post it on here, probs Youtube in Midi format and wherever else, Giving everyone their fair credit
Last edited by ultrasonic at Dec 20, 2009,
I'll join!

Can I go next?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Try to out beat this song.

I hope someone on here remembers this epic song. It was the most amazing thing i ever listened to.

06ers and maybe 07ers would remember.

49:05
Attachments:
New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by muckypup
Should I redo it then?

Yes, please do.

Not only is it ridiculous...

1) It doesn't fit the song.
2) Half of that are accidentals which makes it sounds TERRIBLE.
3) Not everything needs a lead part over it. (See point 1)
4) Did I mention it sounds fooking terrible yet?

PS... The rhythm and such needs to get changed up. I'm really sick of hearing the same thing over and over and over. We need someone to fix it on their turn after Muckypup.... Along with the transitions.
Last edited by Garb at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by Garb
Yes, please do.

Not only is it ridiculous...

1) It doesn't fit the song.
2) Half of that are accidentals which makes it sounds TERRIBLE.
3) Not everything needs a lead part over it. (See point 1)
4) Did I mention it sounds fooking terrible yet?

At least it wasnt only me who thought that
Honestly, HONESTLY, what possessed you to write like that 'muckypup'? Its random out of key shredding that doesnt fit anywhere. and i guarantee you cant play it. What the hell is wrong with you. Its that type of guitar douchery that most guitarists hate being associated with.
This sounds alot like the "Anything Goes Collaboration thread i started"

Except it fell through lol.

I'll go whenever.

Does it have to fit a specific genre, or does it just have to flow well?
AYE! if you LOVE

FOXY SHAZAM!
im going next! im almost done here, and my part should lead into pretty much whatever you want, breakdown, more ambience, or just another verse. ill attach my song onto this post when im done

edit: heres the most recent version. i assumed you guys didnt want muckypups part in there.
Attachments:
The Fall.gp5
Last edited by ninja.kitty at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by ninja.kitty
im going next! im almost done here, and my part should lead into pretty much whatever you want, breakdown, more ambience, or just another verse. ill attach my song onto this post when im done

Wait your turn.
well... ill save my part, and hopefully itll fit into whoevers part i go after. this waiting your turn stuff is stupid though, cause we'll be waiting for days on other people.
We do need a better system than people calling dibs...

I mean, muckypup is the FIRST person to add on, and look how long it's taking. lul

PS, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I want in.. So it looks like I'll be after ninja.kitty for now.
Well the problem is that you can't make something that transitions from the original and have it work with the new parts. It would be pretty hard.
Quote by muckypup
My parts are almost finished now.

Prime example of why we need a new system on working on this. Took dibs on first addition at 7:17 AM, Yesterday...
It is now 37.5 hours later and we're still waiting.

I say we adopt a first come first serve system. Take the previous post, add on, post it. If someone else is working at the same time you are but takes longer, that's their problem and they can deal with it.

Sure, it's a little messy, a little chaotic... But there's no reason for everyone to wait 38 hours on one person. Besides, like the OP says.. You can arrange and tweak parts.

Meh... My two hundred cents.
OK I'm working on Ninja.Kittys one now...

edit: Forget it... thats a waaaay to hard a act to follow. I suck too much.

I think there's to many people working on it, what we should do is be put in random groups of say, 3 or 4 and write songs. that's my two cents anyway.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Dec 22, 2009,
Yeh but Muckypups you had your turn and it sounded awful

I agree with Garb, everyone should make there parts leading on, and then we should all work togethor on getting it to flow

Edit: Ninja.Kitty That Sounds Brilliant. The strings and piano sound so haunting, it works perfectly for a conceptual song
Last edited by ultrasonic at Dec 22, 2009,
Page 1 of 2