My bass sounds like it's distorting constantly. It is a lot more noticable on the higher notes. I cant figure out what is causing it. It isn't because of the gain. I don't use any effects, I tried turning off the EQ and the compressor on the amp and i tried changing leads. Any ideas on what could be causing this? My bass is an LTD B-10 and my amp is Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
its probably just the sound of the amp, did you play it yet in a band and recorded it? most bass players use little distortion to cut through the mix, so unless your a jazzy guy, you shouldnt worry about it
Quote by B455GU174R
its probably just the sound of the amp, did you play it yet in a band and recorded it? most bass players use little distortion to cut through the mix, so unless your a jazzy guy, you shouldnt worry about it

speak for yourself
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Change the battery if it's active.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
No active stuff at all in this bass, its from a starter pack :p I havent played it with a band yet.
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!
it's more likely something has gone wrong with the amp
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Have you tried using a different lead?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I've tried about 3 different leads. They all sound clean if i use them with my guitar and guitar amp

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!
Is the input volume on your amp up too high?

Where is the needle on the VU going to when you play? If it's spending a lot of time in the red turn the input volume down and maybe plug your bass in to the other input.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Dec 20, 2009,
The input is just under half way and that is also where the needle usually is.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!
im gonna go on a whim here. is it fret buzz?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
No, it's definetly coming from the amp.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!
If it's a starter bass amp, it's probably bust, what amp is it by the way?

Edit:

*reads OP*

Oh right, well it's weird for Ashdowns to break, they're normaly awesome. You got another amp you can test it with?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I tried it on the amp that came with the starter pack. It's still there but it's ever so slight.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!