Page 1 of 2
ok, every time i tune my guitar ( The G,B and E-string ) I start getting nervous and start sweating, ever since i was a newbie at tuning guitars, cause i snapped so many strings. Am I the only one here who have a phobia of tuning my high guitar strings? I always get nervous when I tune down from E, or up to E.
I have never, ever, snapped a string while tuning it, so I luckily don't have this problem

Just tune lower or something, play a half step down.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
This is why it's better to be a bassist

your funny

you know that your funny
They shouldn't snap unless you're in the wrong octave or something. I don't know, mess around with other tunings and get used to it?

<.<
>.>
Jag pajade också en sträng...
Reminds me of this:
Quote by MarshmallowPies
No. I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.

Quote by davrossss
your funny

What about his funny?

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I am bassist, what is string snapping?
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
i snapped my high e string last week whilst open g tuning i'm not really scared of tuning it though, i just hate it when the strings snap.
Quote by Gyroscope

What about his funny?

nice. grammar ftw.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
I always sweat and then just snap when I'm doing A minor, but not when going up (or down).
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
I'm not scared of it really, just very cautious, broke my high e tuning when i was just putting it on, and had others break during tuning
i get nervous. what i do is while i tune them up, i pinch the string with my right hand and wiggle it back and forth to assure myself its too loose to snap
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by BEBEB
I'm not scared of it really, just very cautious, broke my high e tuning when i was just putting it on, and had others break during tuning

Maybe because you're tuning it to BEBEB?
I get a little nervous when tuning up to B and E on fresh strings, but not when it's just a fine adjustment.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Not always. I'm a nervous wreck anyway, and I hate stringing up the first 2 strings.
Im afraid of snapping my high e string. One time it snapped and cut my arm
...What!?
I can't play the Livin On A Prayer solo without worrying.

I've snapped my b string twice whilst playing it. >.>
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I've never broken the B string before

Is it normal to snap the high e string while downtuning? I do it all the time
...What!?
Quote by Ergin

Is it normal to snap the high e string while downtuning? I do it all the time

Me too
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
This is why it's better to be a bassist

This is why I like you. You're funny.

Anyway, I understand what you mean, but I can't really relate. I am careful with my high strings, but not to the point of getting nervous.
Quote by MrWeenie
nice. grammar ftw.

He kind of likes Gyroscope...

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I don't snap them anymore, last time was atleast 6-9 months ago, but i still have a phobia that I will
Quote by Ergin
Im afraid of snapping my high e string. One time it snapped and cut my arm
At least you have that as an excuse.
and that my friends, is why i detune
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by lespaul1216
and that my friends, is why i detune

I detune, failcake. But I also occasionally want to play songs in different tuning. If I want to play In Flames, its C, if i wanna play Death its up to D, some cannibal corpse songs Halfstep down, etc.
Quote by krook205
I detune, failcake. But I also occasionally want to play songs in different tuning. If I want to play In Flames, its C, if i wanna play Death its up to D, some cannibal corpse songs Halfstep down, etc.

I think it depends on what you normally tune in and your string gauge, but constantly changing tunings can't be any good for the strings.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I had the same problem when I first started playing guitar. For me, it was always the G. Then I switched from .09s to .11s. Now it's great. I prefer it that way. Even up till now, i tune the G string very slowly.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by krook205
ok, every time i tune my guitar ( The G,B and E-string ) I start getting nervous and start sweating, ever since i was a newbie at tuning guitars, cause i snapped so many strings. Am I the only one here who have a phobia of tuning my high guitar strings? I always get nervous when I tune down from E, or up to E.

Wow I thought I was the only one. Since I first snapped the high E while tuning, I get really nervous when tuning it up. I even start sweating when tuning up the high E when my strings are old, I am always afraid to tune up. But now it's even worse, the low strings are starting to snap more often (the last two times I snaped the low E and A) then the higher strings! My phobia is getting worse: I bet one day I can't even tune up to Standard E It ****ing sucks.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by krook205
Am I the only one here who have a phobia of tuning my high guitar strings?

Are you sure it's a phobia? Might be some sort of... yeah... sexual thing?
I used to have that phobia but I beat it in a weeks. Just relax.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
I really get that with the B and E strings. I actually get really nervous so I look away... hahaha. But it never snaps i'm just scared it will because they have in the past. .... oh god.... no! no stay away from me E string . ... get back! ... aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggghh nnnnnnggggggggggggghh
You are a paranoid psychopath, I suggest you get help before "the ghosties" break your strings
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Page 1 of 2