If me and my friend go and start playing acoustic blues rock outside Tesco (it's a big supermarket for those of you who don't live in the UK, kinda like Wal Mart) will Tesco tell us to go away?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Pretty much yeah. I think you need a license for that.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
i think your city might has something like a department for stuff like that.
in germany it's called Ordnungsamt, but i don't have a clue how you call it in britain :P
you need to get a license to perfrom in the streets
I dunno, I don't think you do need a license in Bristol? I've looked it up on the internet, and people seem to think you don't need it?

To be honest, I'm more concerned about whether people will find us annoying or not, if Tesco tell us to move on, we'll move on, I dunno?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Try and see?
I know that for the Tube and city rail stuff, you need an actual license. I don't know about the street itself though.
If you are on their property, the entrance or their car-park, they will move you on. If its a high street shop, then they can't while you are on the footpath and not causing an obstruction to shoppers. But you have to check with the local authority about a buskers license.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

There's a shop in Plymouth (not too far from Bristol) that actually pays some guy to play outside because he attracts so many customers haha. I had a jam with him the other day. Was awesome :P I would just so it and see what happens.
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Eurozeppelin
If me and my friend go and start playing acoustic blues rock outside Tesco (it's a big supermarket for those of you who don't live in the UK, kinda like Wal Mart) will Tesco tell us to go away?

People and establishments, will often let you get away with even the cheekiest of things, as long as you ask first.

If you are on their private property, then you are not on the street so should not need any busking related permits.

Go down one day, ask to speak to the store manager. Tell him how many of you there will be, what the music is etc, might be an idea to take an acoustic in a case with you in case he wants a demo of your skills.

Tell him that you are trying to promote your "band", so have a little sign up when you play etc, and that you are trying to improve your ability to play in front of people. Assuming your music doesn't offend anyone, you should be fine...so long as you ask.

Set a date and time that you come down, make sure you introduce yourselves properly, get his/her name etc.

Finish off with saying that if when you are playing, he has a problem with it, that you will be happy to move on.

Some of them have a coffee shop in them...maybe you could get a spot in there to attract customers to sit and listen and drink coffee/eat expensive pastries etc....at a later date.

Best of luck.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Yeah, what he said's very important.

When busking, Do. Not. Play. Teh Br00t4lz.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
It's the Tesco in Bradley Stoke. I wonder if any of you have heard of it. I probably should have mentioned this, but this Tesco is in it's own kind of mall type thing (except small) and it's in the center of our local area. It's got a Starbucks, a KFC, a Subway, a Pets at Home and some other shops outside, and there's a christmas tree in a square outside...
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
I dunno, I don't think you do need a license in Bristol? I've looked it up on the internet, and people seem to think you don't need it?

To be honest, I'm more concerned about whether people will find us annoying or not, if Tesco tell us to move on, we'll move on, I dunno?

I live in Bath, and here you don't need a licence. I'd assume it'd be fine, as long as you don't deafen people, or be a nuisance.

EDIT: Why tesco, of all places? Out of curiosity
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Dec 21, 2009,
i would definatley ask the manger first they are very likely to allow you
Yorkshire lad Born 'n' Bread.........And proud

Put on a smile and itll be alright