Not to be confused with the Nightmare Inducement Thread, share your travel stories and adventures here!

To start off, I'm currently stuck in Roissy, France instead of London, where I was supposed to arrive yesterday.

Yesterday morning, my family and I went to the train station in our town to board a train to Paris, where we would then switch over to Eurostar to go to London. When we arrived at the station, we saw that our train would be 40 minutes late. We boarded, then my mother had to go to the restroom, so she got off and went back into the station. Of course, the train left without her (turns out it was ARRIVING 40 mins late, and leaving on time). So she had to drive up to Paris to catch up with us at the Eurostar gate with only her car keys and a passport (she left everything else, including her phone, on the train). Luckily, we met up just before our second train left Paris.

On the second train, everything went fine until we were set to cross the Channel. Just before we entered the tunnel, the driver announced that we could not go through because of "bad weather conditions" (it was maybe 1 or 2 degrees below freezing, and there was no visible precipitation). Now, as many of you may know, British Eurostar drivers decided to go on strike this weekend, so this was undoubtedly the cause of our stall. We were told we were going back to the Paris station.

Just before getting back to Paris, the intercom announced that we would instead be stopping here in Roissy (the location of Charles DeGaulle airport), where we had hotel accommodations provided by Eurostar. This was about 6:00 PM Paris time.

We arrived at the Roissy station, and were told that we had two options: get off the train if you want to stay in a hotel in Roissy, or stay on if you wanted to go to Paris, where there were no hotel rooms open for us. We got off the train, and waited for instructions about how to get to our hotels.

Just then, an announcement came over the station intercom. There were no hotels in Roissy, and we should all get back on the train. So we all did, only for some reason all the seats on the train had been taken. No big deal, the ride to Paris was short enough that we could stand.

And short it was. Just after getting back on the train, the driver told us that they had found hotel rooms in Roissy, so we should all get back off, and wait in the station for further instructions. This was at around 8:30 Paris time.

We waited in the freezing cold station for a while, with constant reassurances that there were buses coming to take us to our promised hotels. At 10:45, they arrived. A Eurostar representative told us that the first bus was for elderly people and families with small children, so we went onto it.

The bus took us to a hotel, and about 1/3 of the passengers got off before anyone realized that it was the wrong hotel, so we went on a bit further.

Our next stop was the correct hotel. My family was one of the last off the bus, so we decided that instead of waiting in the check in line forever, we would have dinner at the hotel restaurant. They refused to serve us, then told us that there was no room at the hotel.

Of course, the first people in line were learning this at the same time. But there was no attempt made by either the hotel staff or the Eurostar representatives to inform the busloads of people arriving that they had no room there.

So we waited in the lobby for a while, until a Eurostar person told us that elderly and families could once again go to a new hotel which DID have room. We rejoiced at this.

However, there was a 300m trek to this hotel through ice and snow before we could finally get into a room. Keep in mind that this was their way of treating the elderly and small children. God only knows what they're doing to the physically fit passengers.

So we decided not to take any more chances with the train, and booked a flight to London. Eurostar had been assuring us that we would receive full reimbursement for any alternate means of getting to our destination, so we figured we had nothing to lose and went to sleep.

Now, Eurostar has announced that they will only be running test trains through the tunnel today, and we're basically on our own for travel and hotel, save for a 150 pound compensation that they so generously gave us.

It turns out that the reason that we couldn't go through the tunnel was that the train ahead of us was stuck inside because of condensation problems. How the trains developed condensation problems for the first time in 20 years in barely freezing weather is one for the philosophers.

TL;DR: Ever had a bad travel experience? Vent here.
Dude if my family would have gone through that shit my dad would sue everyones ass, which would ultimately lead to no where.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
One time, and this is a douzey of a story, I was on a FedEx flight. It crashed in a storm somewhere in the tropics. I washed up on a desert island, and struggled to survive.

I befriended a ball named Wilson, and made a boat to escape. Sadly, though, Wilson drowned at sea as I made my escape to civilisation..
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Awwh, that sucks man

This is why I prefer to take either a car or motorcycle. That and I'm always late for the trains.

Quote by KirkMetallica
One time, and this is a douzey of a story, I was on a FedEx flight. It crashed in a storm somewhere in the tropics. I washed up on a desert island, and struggled to survive.

I befriended a ball named Wilson, and made a boat to escape. Sadly, though, Wilson drowned at sea as I made my escape to civilisation..

Holy shit, that was you? I saw the documentary 'cast away', it was pretty intense.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████