Hey guys,

I bought a pair of humbuckers locally that I'm going to put into a strat that currently has 3 SCs and a 5-way. I'd love to set it up for coil splitting but each pickup only has one bare wire and one colored wire.

I've read here that it's a matter of disassembling the pup and finding the wire that connects the coils and tapping into it.

I'm somewhat handy with a soldering iron, and I only paid $10 for the pickups on CL so I'm thinking of taking the plunge so that I can get some versatility out of these things.

Can anyone here who has actually done this give me some feedback, tips, or even a reality check.

My life would be a lot easier if I just put the pickups in as-is, but it seems like a waste not to be able to coil split, right?

Thanks!

Sean
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Biting my tongue.........
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Quote by Yoder
Biting my tongue.........

Yea be careful that you dont ruin the pup, hence the disclaimer in that thread

"Disclaimer: Perform this mod at your own risk. It's not that difficult and not the most delicate area of pup surgery, but it's still very possible to ruin a nice pup if you aren't careful. I have ruined alot of very nice pups when I first stared practicing. I am not responsible for damages incurring to your gear. PRACTICE ON DEAD/JUNK PUPS. Also, I recomend reading this entire thing a few times to get an idea of the big picture before you go at it step-by-step."

Good luck
Impossible is Nothing