I'm looking to but a proper epiphone les paul, close to the gibson. keep in mind i only have €400 to spend. heritage or cherry sunburst prefered. could u post some links to them if possible

Thanks

rh
Any Epiphone Les Paul that has an equivalent Gibson model.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Go to rondomusic.com and check out the Agiles. Probably have a better chance of finding a quality les paul from there than looking through epiphone.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Go to rondomusic.com and check out the Agiles. Probably have a better chance of finding a quality les paul from there than looking through epiphone.

i really wanna stay with the epiphone. played my cousins one and it was amazing except it was way too expensive!!!!!!!!!
this one. http://www.thomann.de/gb/vintage_icon_v100mrpgm.htm

Vintage are, quite honestly, a far better deal in Europe than Epiphones are.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Dec 20, 2009,
Ellis Series 2. Feels plays and sounds like the real thing or better (there's a review on UG). Pro setup and hard case. £299 plus any pickup upgrade you want.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Darkdevil725

Given that they've used the Euro sign for currency I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the purchase of an Agile while may be cheap and all but shipping and taxes would certainly make it not so cheap any more.
I own the goth les paul studio and is pretty nice but it's all black. And I did change the pups so it's not a far comparison.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
I don't find any of the Epi LPs very Gibsonesque aside from certain aesthetics. The neck profiles are skinnier and have less character to them. Also, I find the Epi LP Standard a bit on the heavy side and they, for the most part, sound uninspiring and play just about as well.

The Elitist Standard Plus on the other hand has a Gibson-Tapered vibe to it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Special 2 models are great for only £150.. (less than 200 euros).. but check out www.epiphone.com, find a model you like, then search it up at your fav. music site/store..

HELLO!

Last edited by JamesLPs at Dec 20, 2009,
while most epi standards are made of an alder mahogany mix, the plain top is actually all mahogany, the neck is a tad thinner than the 60s profile, but for your range id say a plain top with a pickup switch would be what your looking for
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

The Elitist Standard Plus on the other hand has a Gibson-Tapered vibe to it.

Definitely this.
If ever I buy a Les Paul, it will be either a Japanese lawsuit copy, or else the Elitist.
Japanese lawsuit copies FTW!
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Quote by dertjoe
while most epi standards are made of an alder mahogany mix, the plain top is actually all mahogany, the neck is a tad thinner than the 60s profile, but for your range id say a plain top with a pickup switch would be what your looking for

No.

They're Mahogany and Maple. Nothing else.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
No.

They're Mahogany and Maple. Nothing else.

Actually, that's not true.

The Epiphone body wood is pure mahogany (furniture grade), but the cap is made from a variety of woods such as alder and maple.

The veneers hide all of this. Look at the back of your Epi.. looks like a single piece of solid mahogany, right? Ok, now check out the sides. You can clearly see 3 seperate pieces of wood make up the body.

On some guitars, you can clearly see the difference between the veneer and the darker cap when you take out the bridge pup.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
Actually, that's not true.

The Epiphone body wood is pure mahogany (furniture grade), but the cap is made from a variety of woods such as alder and maple.

The veneers hide all of this. Look at the back of your Epi.. looks like a single piece of solid mahogany, right? Ok, now check out the sides. You can clearly see 3 seperate pieces of wood make up the body.

On some guitars, you can clearly see the difference between the veneer and the darker cap when you take out the bridge pup.

I have. Mine is a 3 piece mahogany back, maple top. And yes, I do in fact know what maple looks like as compared to alder.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by JamesLPs
Special 2 models are great for only £150.. (less than 200 euros).. but check out www.epiphone.com, find a model you like, then search it up at your fav. music site/store..

No no no, and again NO!

The worst guitar i have ever played was an Epiphone special two, it was worse than my BC Rich, Worse than the encore that i had as my very first guitar for free! Took an hour to restring and tune the damn thing because the tuners were horrid and tuning would repeatedly slip. I thought after that time "May as well try it out plugged in seing as ive tuned it"(Was stringing and tuning for a family member) I wish i had not plugged it in, the sound was horrid, muddy, overly dark (Keep in mind i love mahogany and play in a doom metal band....) just plain old terrible!

This one was a little rusty however........
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by oneblackened
I have. Mine is a 3 piece mahogany back, maple top. And yes, I do in fact know what maple looks like as compared to alder.
how do you know unless you sanded off the veneer?
Quote by oneblackened
this one. http://www.thomann.de/gb/vintage_icon_v100mrpgm.htm

Vintage are, quite honestly, a far better deal in Europe than Epiphones are.

I'm going to second this. My local shop has both Epiphones and Vintages and the latter are a far better deal for the money.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by al112987
how do you know unless you sanded off the veneer?

I took off the bridge pickup for the cap - and it is maple. FYI, you can see the glue joints in the back if you look at the butt of the guitar.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened

I am currently replacing my pups. I am sitting here looking at my Epi's cap in the neck pup cavity. If that's maple, then I'm Jimmy Page.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by DeathlyShadow
I'm looking to but a proper epiphone les paul, close to the gibson. keep in mind i only have €400 to spend. heritage or cherry sunburst prefered. could u post some links to them if possible

Thanks

rh

Epiphone Standard Les Paul Plain Top
They say that when you buy a Gibson you're paying, in part, for the name on the headstock. Kinda seems the same way with Epiphone now - which is weird for a brand with such little prestige.

I tried that '59 RI yesterday. It was awful. Rough frets and it sounded awful unplugged. For a thousand dollar guitar it was basically unacceptable. I just walked over to the RG1570 for $725 and rocked out on that instead.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by philipp122
I am currently replacing my pups. I am sitting here looking at my Epi's cap in the neck pup cavity. If that's maple, then I'm Jimmy Page.

That's the thing about Epiphone - they never use the same combination of woods consistently. Sometimes it's Maple and Mahogany (for me), sometimes it's Mahogany and Alder (some of them), sometimes solid mahogany (others still).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden