how do I go about singing in key? On my keyboard, I can sing up to a Db, right after the mmiddle C.

Im working on sorry-buckcherry which is in the key of D. So do I have to change the key?And what notes do I gota practice

Im also working on Its Not Over-Daughtry which is in Bb I believe. Again how would I go about geting this song in key when I sing
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
Wouldn't that make your vocal range a baritone?

If you can sing, you can sing in (certain) key, you just match the notes you are singing to what the music is.

Sometimes you will have to transpose songs to a lower or higher key so you can sing it, though.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

A good warmup to do with your keyboard is take a note, (lets say C) then play the note one octave up, and make your voice go C----octave up C-----C and make a siren-type tone with the notes, and then do this all the way up until you can't hit the note of the siren. It'll help with your range

Other then that, Just try to copy what you hear as the person above me commented
Sounds like you're a bass. No worries.

Take each chord in the song, as it appears in the key of D, and move it down one full tone, and put it in the key of C. That way, you're working in an easy key to play in (because you don't *really* want to play in C#, now do you?), and you're not reaching up to your highest note. It's win/win there.

So, your D chords become C chords, your G chords become F chords, your A chords become G chords, and so-forth.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
yes thats what i was geting at, how to transpose the original key to suit my voice.

So after its transposed(key of D), i'd have to sing C, D, E, F, F#, A ?
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
Hate to be picky but actually It's Not Over is in Db. Its just played like once but everything's based off it.

For the second post, yeah transposing is just bringing every note down a set number of steps. So the D(major) would be D-E-F#-G-A-B-C#-D. Bring this down to a C and you have C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C. I find an easy way to transpose is get a guitar and find the highest vocal note in the song. Find that note on the guitar. If its above your range, bring the song down until its in your range. If you have to sing really low, say if the original song was done by a female, you can do the same except bring the key of the song up until the notes are easier to hit.
ty
how do i know what octive to start off with
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
You mean what key? The original of the song. Just find the highest note on your guitar and find what key the song is in. Then lower or raise it depending on what you need.
Im sorry, little confused as to how it applys to the song.

I play C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C (this is the transposed key) on my piano, and match my voice to the notes. I dont understand how id be able to hear me sing those notes in a song.
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
I mean like when you hear a song say on the radio, find the highest note in the song using an instrument then testing and see if you can hit that note. If you can hit all the notes when you drop it to C with good volume, then you're in good shape.