http://www.monkeylordforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3500

This is to help left handed people avail of the opportunity to own a brilliant guitar that is aimed as a project guitar made of the finest materials except for everything that you can modify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_CKvrMEbR4&feature=player_embedded
here is a vid of his first guitar but this is about making this amazing guitarists own company produce lefty guitars so please help them out.
If you don't know me then your life sucks

Gear
SX Acoustic
I am not a lefty and i don't see why lefty's have to change a guitar for themselves. Why cant they just be given a break?

Gear
SX Acoustic
warmoth makes lefty bodies at no extra cost. hell of a selection they have too! great for a medium to high end guitar.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
i'm a lefty and i resent your pity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That sounds like a cool idea!
Warmoth are expensive if you add it all together for what your getting. And not everyone can get on with a flipped guitar. I cant.

I'll keep an eye on this thread dude.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Double U Tee Eff. Srlsy? This is news to me

totally tru. born a lefty, do most stuff righty.
got tired of fighting teh man and his righty bias.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You lefties do get a little f****d when it comes to instrument selection however its just business and the way of the world. Lefites are a minority so companies arent going to put heaps of money into developing a large range of guitars for you, or making their highest end products lefties either, because theres a good chance they wont shift them and so they loose money.

Your only option is brain surgery, do it NAOW!!!!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Talentless

GET TO TEH CHOPPA
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOB0inn2bs

Here is the sort of thing you go through with this new company you help design the guitar and he would like to do left handed versions of the guitar so long as he knows some people will buy them.

Gear
SX Acoustic
Quote by Talentless
You lefties do get a little f****d when it comes to instrument selection however its just business and the way of the world. Lefites are a minority so companies arent going to put heaps of money into developing a large range of guitars for you, or making their highest end products lefties either, because theres a good chance they wont shift them and so they loose money.

I like being in the minority. It means a challenge. I also like my brain the way it is

The guy Lomu is talking about is looking to make guitars for everyone on a collaboritive basis. The fact he is offering to make a small run of unique lefty only ones is a cause I feel is worth trying to gather interest for!
Us leftys just a bit more options rather than people saying just learn right handed.
Its not possible to make everyone learn the same way. I know this from my martial arts class. Everyones body and brain is different.
Quote by TomusAM
Just by a regular guitar and flip it. That's what Jimi Hendrix, Albert King, and my history teacher did.

go away, why dont you take an axe to your guitar and run fret access and put the knobs on the top
Quote by Tedis1111
go away, why dont you take an axe to your guitar and run fret access and put the knobs on the top

WTAF??
Quote by SlayingDragons
For lefties:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solid-Body-Electric-Electric-Guitar.gc?src=left+handed+guitars

For righties:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solid-Body-Electric-Electric-Guitar.gc

*just subtract that 11 from 1,009 for the total number of available right-handed electric guitars.

Holy crap, I see the problem here.

I like you! you understand the lefty problem and thus the cause I wish to fight for!
I'm left handed, but I've always played right handed with no trouble... imo I think it helps because your fretting hand is actually your good hand.
wow, that sounds awesome. I'm a lefty learning to play left hand, and the idea of a left hand only guitar is worth looking in to. I'm keeping my eye on this thread
Quote by jj1565

Fight the power!
Quote by chickensauce69
how much would one of these ML1's cost?
EDIT: the lefty ML1

He is not doing a left handed ML-1 but it costs £290 for a mahogany body maple neck guitar and he is trying to make all of his guitars this way. The guitar is meant as a blank canvas you get the best quality pieces that cant be modified like the body and neck then the rest is cheap to keep the costs down and allows you to change it to how you want it. He is also not making lots of profit on every guitar like most companies i think he is making only £5 profit per guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVvvHsSssjw&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=4EC4E201600657F0

This is a vid of the specs of the guitar.

Gear
SX Acoustic
Wake up thread

Gear
SX Acoustic
Quote by SlayingDragons
For lefties:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solid-Body-Electric-Electric-Guitar.gc?src=left+handed+guitars

For righties:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solid-Body-Electric-Electric-Guitar.gc

*just subtract that 11 from 1,009 for the total number of available right-handed electric guitars.

Holy crap, I see the problem here.

This is exactly the point - thank you sir. About 9% of people are left handed and I don't think that is represented in the market at all, however the people have the power to say what they want.

Some of the most innovative players in our history were southpaws (Iommi, Hendrix etc) and I'd love to see a few more develop, if this helps in anyway at all then I will be happy.
Quote by chickensauce69
how much would one of these ML1's cost?
EDIT: the lefty ML1

Depending on how many reservations we can gather, and what you guys design, it will retail for about £500 - for that I could make you pretty much anything at all - scary shred machine or bluesy feel-caster, whatever you like. Maybe there is a model which is particularly difficult to find left handed?

Chappers
bump bump

Gear
SX Acoustic
Quote by jj1565

Im a lefty, I learned to play like everyone else does.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Robchappers
Depending on how many reservations we can gather, and what you guys design, it will retail for about £500 - for that I could make you pretty much anything at all - scary shred machine or bluesy feel-caster, whatever you like. Maybe there is a model which is particularly difficult to find left handed?

Chappers

sounds like more value for money even than the standard ml1, i can't find anything with the same specs even with a pickup updgrade for the same price
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
Because most people aren't lefty, why would a company take losses just to satisfy less then half of there buyers?

He was asked to make lefty versions of his guitars but he was unable to and he feels that leftys should for once be the special ones and he aims to do a run of i think 100 lefty guitars designed by leftys for leftys.

Gear
SX Acoustic