Hey guys, I hope you could help me with my problem and give me some suggestions
So atm I own a cube 15, which is actually a great practice amp, but I'm looking for something bigger and louder. Every once and a while I go jam a bit with a mate who's a drummer, but the problem is; he's a very loud drummer (notice the use of the words 'very' and 'loud'). Also I would like an amp with some effects build in, so I'm actually looking for a modelling amp.

I was looking around, and have tried out some amps and was thinking of getting either a peavey vypyr, vox vt or line6 spider IV

Could anyone explain me some differences or add some suggestions or w/e, and also how much watt should the amp have to be able to play louder then a very loud drummer?

PS: to give u an example of how loud my mate drums: the cube 15 is wait too quiet, and I've also used my mate's amp which is a harley benton HB-40R (40 watt - with distortion on and volume/gain on max) and my guitar sounds just as loud as his drumming

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but I'm actually aiming for about 500 euro amps since I'm on a rather thight budget

I hope someone can give me some tips

greetings,

Immortaleeb
Last edited by immortaleeb at Dec 20, 2009,
Thx for your answer (btw I was blown away by the fact u answered so damn fast xD) cause I just noticed I forgot to mention something
I'm also on a rather thight budget, and I was aiming for about 500 euro amps (if possible some kind of pedal included) and that vypyr tube 60 is actually about 50 euros more expensive then what I'm aiming for, but thanks anyway, I'm gonna look the amp anyway
Quote by sol-sob-on-pcp
if u can find an old marshall mg dfx, get that. dont listen to anyone else until u try one

Do not listen to this, it is perhaps the worst advice you could possibly be given and an obvious troll attempt.
Actually I've never been a fan of the cheaper marshalls, just the idea of a cheap marshall makes me doubt. Unless someone can prove me I'm wrong I won't even try to look one up
Quote by subzero364
Do not listen to this, it is perhaps the worst advice you could possibly be given and an obvious troll attempt.

blah blah blah theres nothing wrong with the mgs try one dont listen to troll alert boy
the clean is great and the drive takes a little tweeking but its still pretty good and the efects are great
Get the Vypyr tube 60. It'll be heaps better than a MG, but it'll look less glamy.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sol-sob-on-pcp
the clean is great and the drive takes a little tweeking but its still pretty good and the efects are great

Please stop posting, the only reason you would think that the tone is good is because you don't want to admit to yourself that you wasted your money, or you have never played on anything better.

The cleans are decent at best, you can EQ the drive all day and it'll still sound like a beehive, and the effects sound worse than on a spider.
thx for the many replies in short time
I see a lot of you tell me I should rly get this vypyr tube 60, its a bit more expensive then what i want to spend, but if its worth the money I'll definitly buy it.
But first I'll have to give it a try in a guitar shop, but the problem is will it be loud enough to sound above the loud drummer, since I can't test that in the shop, and also will the sound still be clean/good enough to play lets say at a gig?
It will be loud enough and clean enough for sure. You can always get the 75 instead of the 60. Its not full tube anyways, so the difference isnt drastic, and some people prefer the sound of the 75 to the 60, plus the 75 is much cheaper, but you should still try it out if you can. You will be happy with either one though.
How about a Krank Revo Jnr? mine as £500 and its amazing! everyone who has used it has been and bought one! If you want plenty of distortion you cant really go better imo, i use no pedals, just my amp. I use in my bedroom, with the volume just past 0 and its perfect, and i also take it to band practise and i have only eve needed to have it on volume 4,otherwise it drowns the drums out! i think it could easily be used for small gigs aswell