Depends on what you like.

Do you like thicker necks or thinner necks? 22 frets or 24? What kind of sound are you looking for? Is weight a factor etc...

Imho, the ESP/LTD is a much better guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Do you like thicker necks or thinner necks? 22 frets or 24? What kind of sound are you looking for? Is weight a factor etc...

I agree with this statement. Take it from someone who's played an Epiphone ZW guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I would have to agree on the LTD being a better guitar. That is however subjective to you. Try them both and then decide.
I do like the heavier guitar. frets im not to fussed cos i play mainly rythem. Will the active pickups in the esp give me a better metal tone. I play alot of metallica bls ect ect.
Although I am not a great fan of active pickups. I myself have an Epiphone and think I could have done a lot better with my budget.

I've heard very good things about the LTD's
i'll take the gibson epiphone? but why the zakk wylde custom? ( I love Zakk Wylde by the way).you're looking for the emg pickups or just the design? you could check schecter if you want those emg pickups.
I dont no what it is with the zall wylde but since i played it and even first saw i thought i will own that guitar! I think i could just get more beef from the esp.
I have played both and i can tell you hands down for me, the Ltd was a much better guitar.
My Gear:

PRS Se Custom 24
Vox Vt 30
Esp Ltd C-301 Bass
Acoustic B100 Bass Amp
Morley Power Wah Bass Pedal
If this were me I would buy the esp. You say your into metal, you couldn't really go wrong with either but I really like esp's i think they are nice guitars. I think both guitars have active pickups also so really just go play them and choose the better one.
Quote by 4ply87
If this were me I would buy the esp. You say your into metal, you couldn't really go wrong with either but I really like esp's i think they are nice guitars. I think both guitars have active pickups also so really just go play them and choose the better one.

I believe the Epiphone has EMG Hz's the passive ones. Imo if you play metallica and Bls get the LTD seeing as both those bands use Actice EMG's and not the passive ones on the budget ZW guitar. Also James plays an EC styled guitar and Zakk played a Les Paul so you're getting the shape. I just think the ESP is so much better.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback. Im defo gonna go for the esp. I mite just buy the epiphone zw at some point in the future just to bulk up the collection.
You can find a lightly used EC-1000 for $500 or so on ebay. Much better bang for your buck, IMO.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501