I have never used the footswitch that came with my amp so I decided to hook it up the other day to test it out. I just got the amp used about a month ago. Anyway the channel switch works good but it also has a reverb on/off switch and when I hit it nothing happens. It has a light that's supposed to come on when the reverb is on but the light doesn't work either. Any idea what this could be or a way to fix it? Reverb works on the amp without the footpedal but won't work at all when the footswitch is hooked up even if I adjust it by hand on the amp.

Thanks

PS: Thought I'd go ahead and ask this here instead of making another thread.

Sometimes when I turn the amp on and go to play there is no sound or it's very light. I've determined this to be something with the guitar input cause I can wiggle the plug around and it starts working. Not sure if this is actually the input itself or the cable but it has done it with more than one cable. But all the cables I've used were cheap. Anyway, what could cause this and how could I fix it?
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Palomino V50

Oh, my friend had one of those.

The footswitch is supposed to switch between channels and turn reverb on/off, right?
Quote by imicius
Oh, my friend had one of those.

The footswitch is supposed to switch between channels and turn reverb on/off, right?

Right.

Any suggestions?
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Right.

Any suggestions?

Try turning the reverb off on the amp? Sometimes footswitches don't work unless the effect is either engaged or disengaged first.
I'll give that a try. If it's not that, I'm guessing it's something loose inside the footswitch?
well that didn't work. and nothing looks loose inside. maybe i'm just missing something
any other suggestions? Mainly interested in what's wrong with the input. If I pull the cable out a little bit it works fine. The cable is not stereo but that's what it's like. If i had a stereo cable in there but I was only plugging it in until the first ring.
Palomino's footswitches are supposed to switch channels and switch the "boost" function on and off, not turn the reverb on and off (i've got a V32). the reason the second button isn't working is that you need a stereo cable to use the footswitch for both functions, a normal guitar cable won't work.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
ok thanks. i kinda suspected that but don't have a stereo cable to try it out with. And my switch says channel and reverb. With a V Series Logo on it

Any suggestions on the input problem?
i've got nothing for ya on the input. my palo's input has never been the best feeling input ever, if that makes sense...but it has always worked.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I have the same problem with the input jack on my Palo v50, but only with certain cables. I have no idea why. As for the footswitch, you need to have a stereo cable in order to use it.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
I have the same problem with the input jack on my Palo v50, but only with certain cables. I have no idea why. As for the footswitch, you need to have a stereo cable in order to use it.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear someone else has the same problem. And I kinda figured I'd need a stereo cable just didn't have one around to test with.
I use a Fender Footswitch that controlls the effects and the channel for my Marshall.

It works fine. It doesn't switch the reverb, but if one switch is toggled on, and the other one off, when I turn the off button on, it changes my channels.

Works for me. No reason to buy a 25 dollar pedal when I can just use anyone.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society