I have been looking into getting a digitech whammy, i just wondered if it would be useful for playing punk? i play in a punk band and dont wana get one if it will never get used! cheers
Well...its all up to you man, do you wanna add some octaves, harmonizing in your playing or not?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
probably the most useful use (lol) for you would be using the Octave Down function to lower your tuning. It doesnt sound great, but it would get the job done if you want to experiment with lower tunings.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
If you're not sure it'll get used why are you looking into getting one? ]

And i mean that from the point of view that something must have made you think you needed one....what was that?

Don't think I explained that to well....

sorry...pretend i wasn't here.
[
iv not messed with one before, im mainly intrigued to see what kind of cool effects you can do with it. Would they fit in punk though?
Right...got ya.

don't know if it would work in punk... get one, try it, may be open up a world of possibilities and if not, sell it on...

lol
[
More then likely not, you should try it first before giving up that kind of money
Well anything's possible, so go for it. That being said, I don't i've heard a single punk band in my entire life that use one. Usually effects aren't to popular in general.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i dont think i have ever heard a punk band using one. I think im gona go for it, could either be the best decision for my music or the worst! worst comes to the worst theres always ebay!
I like your attitude. Experiment away!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Well anything's possible, so go for it. That being said, I don't i've heard a single punk band in my entire life that use one. Usually effects aren't to popular in general.

Depending on how loose your definition of punk is Paramore use one.

I'd use one dude. Punk can get a bit repetitive it'd be cool to bring something new to the table.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey