ok iv heard good things about the razorback v but first i cant decide weather the regular of the 255 is better because the 255 is much more expensive and has more frets but iv heard the frets displace the pickups so u don't get as good a sound.

my next big concern is the floyd rose because i play in drop C and the other guitarist in my band says that his rose doesn't go well with the low tension. will i have this problem?

finally i just want to know what people think of the guitar. i play in a death metal band and love to shred sow ill the razorback v be right for me?
the Dean Razorback is good for nobody! who ever recommended them to you has been misled. in about a year you will deeply regret buying that guitar!

Try and Ibanez RG
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
theres no problem with a floyd and drop tuning u just need to get a heavier gauge set of string and set it up
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by HOHguitarist
ok iv heard good things about the razorback v but first i cant decide weather the regular of the 255 is better because the 255 is much more expensive and has more frets but iv heard the frets displace the pickups so u don't get as good a sound.

my next big concern is the floyd rose because i play in drop C and the other guitarist in my band says that his rose doesn't go well with the low tension. will i have this problem?

finally i just want to know what people think of the guitar. i play in a death metal band and love to shred sow ill the razorback v be right for me?

This is the key to the answer, which is: yes! The Razorbacks play great and have a very sharp, cutting tone. The regular Razorbacks are a bit warmer sounding than the Razorback Vs, by the way.
If you're a shredder, just keep saving your pennies and get a Jackson USA Soloist or Rhoads.
They look stupid as hell, although beside that they are good.
Funny how most of these posts are from opinionated asses, who have never played one of these guitars before. There's nothing wrong with the Razorback V's. They're the better of the Dean lineup. I would love to get one, granted I could manage to get my hands on one again...
Quote by bumblu1
the Dean Razorback is good for nobody! who ever recommended them to you has been misled. in about a year you will deeply regret buying that guitar!

Try and Ibanez RG

yeah what he said....except for the rg part...dont try one of those either.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
They're pretty decent for what they are (yes, I have in fact played one - it was pretty nice).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Razorback V is amazing. I've got it for 11 months. I had before Jackson dkmg, bc rich warlock and Ibanez. Dean has awesome neck and sound. Get v255 - it has 24 frets and better set of pickups than standart Razorback V which has Dimebucker (bridge) and shitty DimeTime (neck).
The V necks aren't loved by everyone (personally I hate them) and I thought the hardware felt cheap. And whoever said that people dislike Dean because they were "apparently" leeching money off Dimebag. It's true. There is no other way to slice it. There are 31 separately sold "Dimebag" related guitars on the Dean site
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.