Page 1 of 2
Why the **** do these things have no bass?

So Today is my 16th birthday and my mom bought me skull candy skull crushers. Supposedly these "mini sub-woofers" are supposesd to have an enormous amount of bass.

So i use them for about a minute before realizing these things are the worst headphones i have ever used. The $4 POS earphones i bought at freds sounded better and had more bass.

I felt even worse when i found out that they cost like 60 bucks and my mom didnt really have that money to spend.

My question is, do these "mini subwoofers" need to break in? Will they give me more bass once they've been broken in?
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
This may sound stupid, but did you actually turn the subs on? There's a little switch for it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
This may sound stupid, but did you actually turn the subs on? There's a little switch for it.

This.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Maybe it's the music you're listening to that has no bass.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Or your EQ that you set up is humpin out on the bass?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Are you listening to metal?

not metal, but music that is fairly bass heavy
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

should have bought sennheisers (:
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by elliott FTW
should have bought sennheisers (:

this.
1. Happy Birthday.
2. Is the sub woofer turned on?
3. Does the sub woofer have batteries in it yet?
Attachments:
skullcrushers_02.jpg

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Last edited by david9d5 at Dec 20, 2009,
Are they the ones where you can turn the subs on and off and they is a dial that control the sub-volume? Cos if they are then yours are off or broken, cos my friends are so bassy they vibrate you to facegasm.

Either that or it's just because Skullcandy's are shite.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Dec 20, 2009,
From what I've heard, Skull Candy is all exterior fashion, trend and hype.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
The subs have a little switch that turns them on.

You probably don't have them turned on.

Skullcrushers are the shit times one-thousand.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Skullcandy sound pretty terrible in general, especially considering how much they cost.

They're probably not working properly if you're not getting any bass as even the ones without subs are stupidly low mid heavy. My suggestion would be to return them and get a decent pair of Sennheisers or something else in the price range (use google, Sennheiser isn't the only company that make decent headphones if you want something a bit different)
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Ok so the subwoofer was off. I got it turned on spent a couple minutes adjusting it.

all it did was vibrate the living piss out of my face and i still say these headphones suck balls.the treble and mids dont comethrough enough no matter how low the bass is and they are fuzzy,undefined and just plain bad.
Quote by woodenbandman

I've got a pair of $60 skullcandie headphones and they sound great. I am also extremely picky about audio things (home theaters, headphones) so I'm not just saying they do.
Quote by Thrill-house
I've got a pair of $60 skullcandie headphones and they sound great. I am also extremely picky about audio things (home theaters, headphones) so I'm not just saying they do.

agreed
most headphones i'll have to turn the volume up really high to hear
but with the skullcandies i turn the volume up to 2 and its louder than it would be at 18 with other headphones

and btw i got the 40 dollar ones and theyre better than the 60 ones
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
^ I'll have to check em out when I need a new pair. Since I moved out of my apartment I've mainly been using my ps3 with a home theater to play music.
My mates got a pair of these and I don't think they're that great - but I've got a pair of skullcandy iphone headphones, which are the shit
I'm getting a pair of them for christmas, and some of them really are very nice, when they aren't trying to be the energy drink of audio equipment.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Skullcandies are purely for looks; Sennheisers are the way to go

this

and bass is the ONLY IMPORTANT PART OF MUSIC.

/sarcasm
Quote by 100%guitarmad

+everything
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by RPGoof
I wanted those headphones
If you manage to turn the bass on let me know how they sound

I have them. The bass is beastly, but the sound itself sucks. it's not clear enough, the speakers are shit quality. I just got Sennheiser HD555's and they're beautiful.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

turn the source bass up

i.e. turn up the bass on your computer/amp/mixer/whatever

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Skullcandies are generally overpriced hot topic toys, but the bass on those headphones are actually pretty decent.

Enjoy it while it lasts though, skullcandies usually commit suicide within 2 months.
Skullcandies SUUUUUUUCK. Return those, bro.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i have logitech headphones. USB. like, £20. probably better than skullcandies.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Skullcandies SUUUUUUUCK. Return those, bro.

they're not as bad as everyone seems to think. Sure, there are better brands, but skullcandies are decent. Plus, the warranty is amazing.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
they're not as bad as everyone seems to think. Sure, there are better brands, but skullcandies are decent. Plus, the warranty is amazing.

i've never been satisfied with a pair of skullcandies. there's no depth to the bass, it's just loud. plus the treble gets ridiculously tinny and the midrange is hollow.

IMO, they're for fashion, not music.
Quote by fearofthemark

Is it? What's the warranty? I've known about 12 people that have bought those, and every single one of them have had them break within a month. EVERY one of them. One sent them in to get a new pair from the warranty and had to jump through hoops to get a new pair.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
warranty is amazing?

if you have decent headphones you shouldnt experience any part of the warranty, it would just be for peace of mind and would be eventually forgotten.

Marshall MGs have extended warranty available.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by 100%guitarmad

For low of high end then yes. For midd-level (the 3-500 mark) these:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ultrasone.com%2F&ei=raguS7W7Oo-24Qaor6mqCA&usg=AFQjCNFUgE3e53z-VP2DVpjVwW0QFnCZsQ&sig2=9oV7dsXeHtEIZg6ZyzBQ2Q

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
beyerdynamic and shure.

/thread.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by IYanoplathizoI

Those look awesome. Way too expensive though, haha.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Is it? What's the warranty? I've known about 12 people that have bought those, and every single one of them have had them break within a month. EVERY one of them. One sent them in to get a new pair from the warranty and had to jump through hoops to get a new pair.

if it breaks, no matter what, send them in, and you'll get a replacement. That's what my skullcrushers said, anyway.

and I've had skullcandies for a while. I was pretty happy with them.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I love how everyone in here bags on Skullcandy just because they're popular.

What a bunch of hardxore nonconformists.

Maybe everyone who thinks they sound bad should plug them up to something better. I use a Sansa and my friend's Skullcrush's sounded amazing through it once I got the EQ right on the player. Adjust your EQ; the parameters you set for your mediocre headphones won't necessarily be ideal for something that isn't garbage.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 2