hey, just ordered a schecter c-1 fr, wondering about drop tuning, and the tremolo.

this is First guitar with a wammy, dont wanna mess it up 2 much. Any thoughts?

anyone own this guitar? how are the pick ups, and weight.
I own the hellraiser version. I have nothing to complain about. A general problem with floating tremolos is when you bend a string, the rest of the strings will go flat due to the loss of tension, but this problem isn't unique to this series - its just something you'll have to learn to deal with.
The first string change will be the worst experience you'll ever have with a guitar. I promise. But after that, you'll know exactly what to do. But aside from that, as long as you set the bridge up right, it won't have any trouble with drop tunings. My schecter spent three years in C# standard.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
cool, yea ill read some info b4 i try and do that.

how are the pickups on ur C7? any good for some funky crunchy riffs?
stupid question but will i snap a string by pressing the wammy all the way down? and is there resistance with the wammy or does it obey easily?

thanks, happy holidays
one thing to remember that this is an LFR, not an OFR, so it will go out of tune easier than an OFR if you heavily abuse the trem. you cannot tune freely unless you block the trem. if you try tuning to different tunings a lot of an FR bridge, you'll have to level out the bridge each time.

the pickups, as you should know, are active, so you cant just leave the cable in your guitar when your not playing it or it will waste battery power. they're Duncan Designed actives. they're supposed to replicate SD Blackouts, but they don't acheive that status too well.

this is also a bolt on model, so quick scale runs up on the highr frets, may be a little tricky while trying to get around that neck heal socket.

the weight of the guitar isn't too bad. if I recall, it's a mahogany body, so it's gonna be on the heavier side, but not too bad.

I know my Schecter sh!t.

EDIT: (it's in bold)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Dec 20, 2009,
if I recall, it's a mahogany body, so it's gonna be on the heavier side, but not too bad.

Mahogany C-1s are pretty light, at least compared to a Strat.

If you’ve never used a Floyd Rose it would might be worth it to pay a tech teach you how to set it up for whatever tuning you want to use.
anyone think i can get these pick ups doing some funky crunchy riffs? or am i lost with the active pickups
Quote by jpnyc
if I recall, it's a mahogany body, so it's gonna be on the heavier side, but not too bad.

Mahogany C-1s are pretty light, at least compared to a Strat.

If you’ve never used a Floyd Rose it would might be worth it to pay a tech teach you how to set it up for whatever tuning you want to use.

i never said they would be heavy, just said they'd be on the heavier side.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by GoldenTrees
anyone think i can get these pick ups doing some funky crunchy riffs? or am i lost with the active pickups

funky crunchy riffs as in? give us an example.
Quote by pedromiles101
C-1's are supposed to be pretty versatile, so I suppose with a good amp and effects anything is possible
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
C-1's are supposed to be pretty versatile, so I suppose with a good amp and effects anything is possible

it depends on the model. the duncan designed actives will be more versatile than EMG's, but since their actives they'll be aimed towards more high gain stuff.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
it depends on the model. the duncan designed actives will be more versatile than EMG's, but since their actives they'll be aimed towards more high gain stuff.

They give great cleans if you just cut the volume at the guitar and turn up the amp.
Quote by jpnyc
They give great cleans if you just cut the volume at the guitar and turn up the amp.

thisis true as well, but many people look past rolling the guitar volume other than to mute out all sound when not playing
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
one thing to remember that this is an LFR, not an OFR, so it will go out of tune easier than an OFR if you heavily abuse the trem.

Seriously I thought we've been through this shit before. Schaller LFR = Original Floyd Rose. Your logic ****ing sucks and is majorly flawed so stop bull shitting

TS with regards to the drop tuning and the floyd it's always highly recommended that you have one guitar with a FR and a spare for alternate tunings if you need to use alternate tunings. This just makes it much easier. But if you only have the one guitar then just blocking your guitar will often usually work, however the downside for this is that you can no longer pull the bridge back.
cool, so keep it in standard, until i change strings. or just use other guitar for drop tunings. got it
Quote by GoldenTrees
cool, so keep it in standard, until i change strings. or just use other guitar for drop tunings. got it

Yeah pretty much you can go change alternate tunings whenever you want but really you'll probably spend more time setting the guitar up then staying in that tuning.
Quote by shaggydogJV
The first string change will be the worst experience you'll ever have with a guitar. I promise. But after that, you'll know exactly what to do. But aside from that, as long as you set the bridge up right, it won't have any trouble with drop tunings. My schecter spent three years in C# standard.

this
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS