Poll: dream theater guys are druggies??
Poll Options
View poll results: dream theater guys are druggies??
no drugs. ever. period.
16 64%
ok, who has'nt
8 32%
lets say they're good friends of keith richards!!
1 4%
Voters: 25.
who here thinks that the dream theater guys are druggies??

i really dont get the druggie vibe off petrucci or portnoy.

but lets what you guys think!!
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
They're not.

That's about it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
drugs are bad, mmkay?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Yeah, let's post this in the metal forum after it gets closed in the Pit!

Gee, think there was a reason for that, chief?
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

yeah Chief
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
They make terrible music sometimes, but they are not druggies.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i cant imagine anyone taking drugs, that has that much control over his respective instrument, to be honest. i dont really like their music, but anyone has to admit, each member of that band is in the respective top 5 of his instrument, technique wise at least.
They've never made terrible music, and even their worst stuff is better than 99.9 % of what you hear on commercial radio. None of them do drugs. They are all religious, married, and have kids. Portnoy used to be an alcoholic, but is now clean. If any of them were to have done drugs in the past it would have been Portnoy.

Dark star, now I realize why you made that statement. You are a complete moron. Here is a quote from his profile "Black Sabbath and Black Sabbath only. All other bands sux. "
Last edited by Petrucciowns at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Petrucciowns
They've never made terrible music, and even their worst stuff is better than 99.9 % of what you hear on commercial radio. None of them do drugs. They are all religious, married, and have kids. Portnoy used to be an alcoholic, but is now clean. If any of them were to have done drugs in the past it would have been Portnoy.

Dark star, now I realize why you made that statement. You are a complete moron. Here is a quote from his profile "Black Sabbath and Black Sabbath only. All other bands sux. "

1) Holy moly, you are a hardcore DT fanboy.
2) The Black Sabbath only thing is sarcasm. Your detector. It is broken.
3) DT is one of my favorite bands. Systematic Chaos and the new album suck balls.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

yeah. what's the friggin' reason for that. i don't know why they closed this in the pit. it's a pretty legit question. and it helps in new metal fans to know that they have to say NO.

seriously you're the moron

Quote by darkstar2466

3) DT is one of my favorite bands. Systematic Chaos and the new album suck balls.

you're so totally wrong man. i just love BC&SL. it's really great. though i have a beef with the 5 minute songs on both albums. but they are seriously great albums.

This thread reeks of fanboys.

Sumdeus
Systematic Chaos is strong in the intrumental section, but weak in the lyrics, and vocals. Black Clouds is a good album minus wither (which is decent), The shattered fortress (redundant), and some corny lyrics.
Quote by romencer17
This thread reeks of fanboys.

try some correct spelling before you diss someone. the word it "wreaks".

Quote by padfootpak
yeah. what's the friggin' reason for that. i don't know why they closed this in the pit. it's a pretty legit question. and it helps in new metal fans to know that they have to say NO.

seriously you're the moron

Maybe because a bit of rudimentary searching would have provided the answer to your question. Also because this is quickly becoming a "do you like Dream Theater's music" thread along with the obligatory flaming.

And who has to say NO to what now?

EDIT: ^^^ Nope, reeks is the correct word in this instance. lrn2english.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by padfootpak

oh yeah... Like in the famous album, "Wreaks Of Putrefaction", right?

Sumdeus
Quote by padfootpak

Try some correct punctuation before you try to correct someone.
John Myung doesn't do drugs.

Drugs do John Myung.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
^ Is it coinkidinks that a lot of DT songs sound like ripoffs from Permanent Waves?

Quote by Petrucciowns
Complete nonsense.

Sometimes they make garbage. Just because every member of the band is a musical genius doesn't mean that the conglomeration is a musical genius.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by darkstar2466
^ Is it coinkidinks that a lot of DT songs sound like ripoffs from Permanent Waves?

Sometimes they make garbage. Just because every member of the band is a musical genius doesn't mean that the conglomeration is a musical genius.

Permanent waves is a great album, but I see no similarity with any of their songs. Yes they were a big influence on them, but ripoff? There are some real haters in here.
Quote by padfootpak
you're so totally wrong man. i just love BC&SL. it's really great. though i have a beef with the 5 minute songs on both albums. but they are seriously great albums.

Di...did you guys see that?

He used his opinion as fact!

Huh!
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Di...did you guys see that?

He used his opinion as fact!

Huh!

Your opinion is different? You are WRONG!

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
Your opinion is different? You are WRONG!

This statement sums up this thread and 95% of arguments on the internet.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Any self respecting metal fan will not allow themselves to come to such levels of fanboyism as seen in this thread.

Please don't parade around the internet with the whole "DT can do no wrong" attitude. They have done wrong. They are doing wrong. And they will do wrong. End of. They're not that good.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Petrucciowns
Permanent waves is a great album, but I see no similarity with any of their songs. Yes they were a big influence on them, but ripoff? There are some real haters in here.

I didn't say ripoff, I said Tribute. Ripoff implies they did something slightly different.
Quote by Contraband
Any self respecting metal fan will not allow themselves to come to such levels of fanboyism as seen in this thread.

Please don't parade around the internet with the whole "DT can do no wrong" attitude. They have done wrong. They are doing wrong. And they will do wrong. End of. They're not that good.

zomg i luv mikael and muhamed they r godz i want 2 hav babeez wit dem
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by padfootpak

And I was just laughing at you saying "diss" that doesn't even begin to cover how hard I laughed at "wreaks."
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.