Now I am new to UG, but I saw your guys's thread about all of the metalcore bands that don't belong in the metal forum. A couple of problems in your logic .
1. Avenged Sevenfold is now actually considered Heavy Metal. No they may not be black/death/viking metal, but they are in fact Metal. They used to be metalcore, but after the end of Matt's screaming, they are now just Metal.
2. I am extremely shocked to see that on the so called "true metal" forum, there are no mentions of real metal like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest etc...
3. You act as if you rule the world, because you think you have a superior taste in music to everyone else. Bad thing to do my friend...
4. This will most likely be my last post on this topic, unless I get a bunch of whiny complaining replies. Good bye.

Maiden, Sabbath, and Priest are some of the most celebrated bands here, you tool.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by jacobguitar123
3. You act as if you rule the world, because you think you have a superior taste in music to everyone else. Bad thing to do my friend...

We do rule the world, and we do have superior taste in music.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
No matter how much you like avenged sevenfold, they will always be terrible, terrible metalcore (not saying it is all bad, just most of it), because metalcore has nothing to do with screaming or lack there of, its about the music style.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by darkstar2466

Maiden, Sabbath, and Priest are some of the most celebrated bands here, you tool.

I only saw the first page, so my bad .
Quote by romencer17

of course we do.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
The Only TRVEMetal Is NORWEGIAN FUNERAL DOOM BLACK METAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Sounds like garbage to me
Quote by jacobguitar123

You will now die for being so unkvlt
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by jacobguitar123

Garbage can't make noise, it's inanimate. Unless it's decomposing..

like the musical talent of Avenged Sevenfold.

Only the kvlt and trve would understand the likes and depth of darkness presented by such forces of the norwegian funeral doom black metal community.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
The Only TRVEMetal Is NORWEGIAN FUNERAL DOOM BLACK METAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Funeral for the win. The tr00est and most or1g1nal of funeral doom.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by romencer17

That is true ignorance. AC/DC is and always will be the best band to have lived. haha but thats just my opinion. No metal is better than Hendrix. and your forgetting the whole genre of the Blues. Jazz. Rock and Roll. Elevator Music. haha just kidding with that last one
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Garbage can't make noise, it's inanimate. Unless it's decomposing..

like the musical talent of Avenged Sevenfold.

Only the kvlt and trve would understand the likes and depth of darkness presented by such forces of the norwegian funeral doom black metal community.

eh, I disagree, sure their latest album wasn't the best, in fact my least favorite beside sounding the seventh trumpet, but the guitar solos are some of the tastiest I have heard. The vocals are spot on (except I don't really like the auto tune effect on Lost) and with A Little Piece of Heaven, the band shows its most epic songwriting yet.
Quote by jacobguitar123
That is true ignorance. AC/DC is and always will be the best band to have lived. haha but thats just my opinion. No metal is better than Hendrix. and your forgetting the whole genre of the Blues. Jazz. Rock and Roll. Elevator Music. haha just kidding with that last one

I wonder if Dragonforce is influenced by AC/DC.
Waking the Fallen is a magnificent album.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by jacobguitar123

Hey, thanks for coming out, tip your waitresses.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by jacobguitar123
eh, I disagree, sure their latest album wasn't the best, in fact my least favorite beside sounding the seventh trumpet

And thus, commences the

ERRRROOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Give me a sec to find this bruce almighty picture.

This will do
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Dec 20, 2009,