I've noticed when I play through my Overdrive, my guitar seems weak, and the higher notes don't have much sustain to them. Is my pedal killing the signal?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
A Deluxe Reverb, and a Tech 21 XXl

No br00tal, I just want a decent rock tone, and it just doesn't sound right
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Hmm that's interesting. I don't know anything about that pedal or the company but I've found if I'm not running my champ a little bit hot I get the same problem when using an OD pedal.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I cannot test this, as all my cords are broken.

I'm thinking about buying a new one any way. It doesn't really seem to do much, other than give me a little dirt
Quote by chip46
try with different cables
shorter is better
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
all three of my cables didn't, when they worked, sound any different, and they are different sizes
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
all three of my cables didn't, when they worked, sound any different, and they are different sizes

Yeah, I would recommend getting the shortest, and highest quality cables you can afford. It's a subtle difference, but it's there. Other than that? Can you borrow a friends OD pedal and see if it does the same thing? It could just be that that OD pedal doens't mesh with your amp.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Sadly I cannot, I might as well just get a new one for X-mas

I need new cords too
Quote by chip46
you've tried like every range of settings on your pedal?
turn up the level ...

this is from their site

Characteristic of all Tech 21 products, the XXL will not depersonalize your guitar tone. It will bring depth and soul to any amp - vintage or modern, tube or solid state - or any multi-processor that otherwise leaves you uninspired.

also change your battery/try with a power supply.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin

Worked for Malmsteen.
I use a wall charger, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the power supply
Quote by chip46
wall charger for battery, or you use a power supply?
the power supply could be degrading, try with a brand new 9v battery
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin

Worked for Malmsteen.
well again, my cords are broken,

but SHOULD i get a new one, any reccomendations on a common Overdrive pedal that can give enough dirt for Modern Rock?
Quote by chip46
Stupid question, but is the volume up on your guitar?
Because the xxl is a great pedal
yeah, it is
Quote by chip46
like i said, try with a brand new 9v battery
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin

Worked for Malmsteen.