Got a used Bugera 333xl with very very limited use on the tubes a little over a month ago. Just over the last two days I cannot get any sound from the amp on any channel. The power comes on and everything but, nothing happens. It's my first tube amp so I don't know if it is the tubes going bad or what. None of them seem to light up or glow when the power is on so I would think that something is happening before the tubes and they aren't receiving power, but again I don't now how it all works.

Also, I know about the typical Bugera malfunction that seemed fairly common. Could it possibly be this? How much to fix it if it is?

Thanks for the help.
Do you know how old the amp or the tubes are?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Hmm, it might be that problem Bugera had in the beginning. Not sure thou.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Are you sure none of the heater filaments are glowing? Not even the pre-amp tubes? Have you checked your fuses?
The early bugeras of 08 and before has reliability issues. But they're very very easy to fix. Sadly, I can't remember who had the guides to do so, but you can ask in the bugera militia thread.

EDIT: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeerChurch/blog/58789/ There's the guide. Just open the baby up and look for any clips that might look loose. In mine, there was a bit of crackling in the sound. I fixed it by pressing the clip down firmly. Never any issues since.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Dec 20, 2009,
Seems to fit the bill to my problem. Is this something the local shop around here could fix for me pretty quickly? I have no experience taking this kinda stuff apart and I'm sure I'd break something lol.
you could really bring the amp to any TV/electronic repair shop and one of the techs could fix that in about 10 mins. sounds like the lead wire/clip coming from the OT to PCB fried. easy 10 min fix. you could actually do it yourself if you are handy with a soldering iron or ahave someone you know do..or like said take it to a repair shop
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA