I have been trying to tweak the tone of my distortion to get a more pleasing metal sound. I have a Strat HH with Tone Zone bridge and Air Norton neck pickups. I also have a Carvin x100b. So, I am happy with my equipment, except for my distortion pedal. I have the Boss Metal Zone MT-2 pedal. I particularly like the sound of Laney amps and also the Line 6 tube amps. I haven't been able to get the tone I'm looking for with the pedal I have. I can get the pedal modded (I've listened to several demos of modded MT-2s on YouTube), or I can get a new distortion pedal. I don't care about price, however, I know that I can't afford a new decent amp right now. I've looked at the EHX Metal Muff and also the Digitech Hardwire Metal distortion pedal. Any suggestions for either settings on the MT-2, or for feedback on either of the other heavier distortion pedals available? Thanks in advance...
I've got the metal muff and I love it. The distortion is great on it! Before this I had the Boss MD2 and the metal muff sounds much beter. About the sound of Laney amps.. I've got an old laney linebacker amp + the metal muff. Works great for me.
send ur MT-2 to Rebert keeley to get it modified or buy a metal muff/digitech hardwire metal distortion.
Quote by holycow
send ur MT-2 to Rebert keeley to get it modified or buy a metal muff/digitech hardwire metal distortion.

I say go with one of the other two pedals. I personally like both the metal muff and the hardwire but play both and decide. I'll end up buying both personally just to have another tool in my arsenal but that's just me. I have a thing with collecting distortion pedals it seems.