Hey dudes and dudettes

Are anyone else other than me listening to these guys? I have just startet getting into them and their extremely awesome album The Black Halo.

Opinions about the band? Fav songs? General chit chat about Kamelot goes in this thread
It prints money, biiaatch!
Alright this band was okay back when I listened to them. They sound kind of cheesy at some points. SOme of their songs sound like striaghtup disney songs even. I can't remeber which album, but I think the song was called " love you to death ". Legit. love you to death.
Wooo they mixed cello's and strings with "metal". Apocalyptica please?
Also, now that I think of it, why in sweet sam hell is this in the 80's rock forum? Their earliest album was 2005.
This definitely goes in the metal forum. I'd be surprised if there wasn't already a heap of em.
Quote by blackjackmatt
Also, now that I think of it, why in sweet sam hell is this in the 80's rock forum? Their earliest album was 2005.

Because Kamelot is Progressive
havent listened to em for a while, but i used to really enjoy the black halo.... maybe ill go give it a listen...
They label themselves as a Prog Metal band, but I always viewed them as Power Metal with symphonic elements.
I love them. But the two most recent albums- The Black Halo and Ghost Opera, I think- are the only two decent albums theyve done, the singer's voice is awful on all of their previous albums.... Still good musicianship but he must've gotten singing lessons at some point, thank the Gods. 'The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)' is a great song though, as is 'March of Mephisto' ft. Shagrath!
Quote by Ravenix
I love them. But the two most recent albums- The Black Halo and Ghost Opera, I think- are the only two decent albums theyve done, the singer's voice is awful on all of their previous albums.... Still good musicianship but he must've gotten singing lessons at some point, thank the Gods. 'The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)' is a great song though, as is 'March of Mephisto' ft. Shagrath!

I think it is just that the production values went up. I think Kahn sang quite well on Karma and Epica--although the production on these albums was nowhere near as good. And frankly Ghost Opera while it was very well produced was a mediocre album, and was quite uninteresting for me.
They power metal in my eyes, and (if I recall correct) already have a thread.

In the metal forum.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Well Wikipedia says it's both power-metal and progressive metal, and when I searched the forums for "Kamelot" there were no results - so I made my own thread.
I searched while I was in the prog forum, maybe it only looked for threads called Kamelot in the Prog forum then. I just thought it searched for threads across all forum boards. But it's okay, no reason to make it a bigger problem than it is. A Mod can close this thread ^^
Last edited by EchoEchoEcho at Jan 6, 2010,
New album march 22 of this year cant frickin wait! =D

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
does anyone know if they have released a single or if there is someplace to preview some of the songs off the new album
I've just recently started listening to them. They are AMAZING! And I guess their from Florida? That's sweet because usually amazing bands like them aren't from the US.

And a lot of the responses to this are about what genre of music they are... Who cares! If they create great amazing music that people enjoy what's the need to know?..