hey guys i was watching SNL last night and muse was the musical guest (i had never heard anything by them just about them and they were pretty good) but my question is what was the silver pad like thing on the lead singer/guitarists guitar?

thanks!!
Tin foil shield,
in case the aliens try to read his guitar's thoughts.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
It's a kaoss pad.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
It's a Kaos Pad, I think Korg make them, basically it's a MIDI controller
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
its an XY pad that links up to a Korg Kaoss Pad i think
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by bmanlp92
what does it do? is like distorion or effects or what?

It connects to a MIDI interface and can be used to control effects. Google it, there's a load of videos on Youtube too
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by bmanlp92
what does it do? is like distorion or effects or what?

Essentially yes. Google it for a full answer. Kaoss pads are very very fun to play with.
It's a dance floor.
He tosses his guitar on the floor and dances on it, then when everyone is having a ball he'll be all "the f*ck is this, a circus? Muse is serious music. Get the f*ck out of my concert."
Quote by icaneatcatfood
John Travolta style?

Any style. He dances a new dance every day.
Matthew Bellamy did the moon walk before the moon was even discovered.
Matthew Bellamy also invented the running man while sleep walking. Walking being the key word. Bellamy is fast.
Matthew Bellamy finally invented slam dancing when he fell down the stairs.
Quote by bmanlp92
hey guys i was watching SNL last night and muse was the musical guest (i had never heard anything by them just about them and they were pretty good) but my question is what was the silver pad like thing on the lead singer/guitarists guitar?

thanks!!

**** ME! I can't believe I missed that!

It's called a Kaos touch pad. It has X and Y axises that allow for manipulation of effects through MIDI. Like controlling the oscillation of his Fuzz Factory or his wah/whammy. What have you.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

if you watch videos of them doing supermassive blackhole live he uses it sometimes
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It's a dance floor.
He tosses his guitar on the floor and dances on it, then when everyone is having a ball he'll be all "the f*ck is this, a circus? Muse is serious music. Get the f*ck out of my concert."

best answer