so i bought a new electro-acoustic guitar today, tried it out in the store it looked great, brought it home and noticed that the neck is bent a lot. and the strings from the 12th fret are very high and the notes above are hard to hit. the question is: if i bring it back tomorrow will the store give me a new guitar or they will try to repair it??? i know it may be a stupid question and you might say: call them on the phone and stuff, but its 9P.M. here and they will not answer - but i need to get an answer now to fall asleep calmly. anyone who had the same any time??? thx for the answers in advance. (btw its a Samick Greg Bennett's OM4 guitar and it's amazing apart from the neck bend)
What do you mean by the neck is bent? It could just have too much relief and need a truss adjustment. Have the guitar set up correctly first, then see what you think. Unless the neck is twisted or something.
i mean it goes like: here's the guitar neck: -----\and the guitar body. the \ is the bend on it and it starts as the neck reaches the body causing the strings to be very far from the fretboard. like 7mm's, at the 12th fret - it's 0,5mm on my other guitars
Quote by randomguy_37
anyways: is it possible that they will give me a new one? i have 12 month guarantee on it

The only way to find out is to go there and see what they say.
Quote by PSM
It sounds good, it plays great, it's cheap as hell, why not? I don't care if it's made out of cardboard as long as it does what I need it to.
chances are if it's a real problem they'll know and replace the guitar. if it's an easy fix you'll probably walk out of the store with it repaired and ready to go.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Yeah, it sounded like the truss rod to me.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
They should replace or refund if they're a decent sized store and prefer good word-of-mouth, but some smaller shops may rip you off. Did they end up fixing it? I would've opted for a refund and tried to get a different guitar personally.
they lowered the bridge a bit, and adjusted the truss rod so it wouldnt buzz on the first frets
Sounds like an adequate fix. Sounds like they might have improved the action for you too.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘