Ive got a line 6 spider 3 and when i crank it up on the 'metal' setting the sound gets too distorted and really unclear. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this, would changing the speakers improve the quality.

Thanks
dont spend money putting new speakers in it, just get a better amp. I had one until i upgraded and it sounds fine as a practice amp (sort of) and they're not that bad, but once your ears hear good sound, you can notice how digital and bad the spiders sound in comparison to other amps.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Try turning the bass down some. On my spider iii 75 if I turn the volume up over half the bass can't be over half or it sounds like its gonna blow.
Spider 3's are horrible D:
Once you plug your guitar into a nice 100 watt Blackstar Head, you notice how digital these amps are,
I found you had to turn the Bass down really low to get a good sound
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Need a new amp so much D:
Orange Stack or Marshall JCM 2000 Stack please.
I have a Spider 3 so I can probably help you.

Distorted you say when you turn it up?

Definitly turn the bass down, turning the drive down a tad might help as well.

Try putting the Noise Gate on by holding the Tuner button down and increasing the reverb. The D channel button will light up to confirm that the Noise Gate is now activated.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
^same way you turn it on.

and you can always try the "insane" channel, i find it a bit better than the "metal" channel, although they're both terrible, and digital, and just ew.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Quote by ice condition
^same way you turn it on.

and you can always try the "insane" channel, i find it a bit better than the "metal" channel, although they're both terrible, and digital, and just ew.

I modified the Riggs preset in the amp for my metal tone. What do you think of that setting once its played around with?
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
Quote by andrewphanley
Ive got a line 6 spider 3 and when i crank it up on the 'metal' setting the sound gets too distorted and really unclear. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this, would changing the speakers improve the quality.

Thanks

I believe on my Spider IV, I play with the Metal setting, with the Bass & Treble all the way day and the Drive and Mid all the way up. sounds really nice.
^You have to remember, the Spyder IV is a little different than the III.

If you were to ask me, I'd say do NOT use the Metal channel on the Spyder III. It sounds like crap (on mine at least). As far as I'm concerned, the only channels on that amp are the Clean and (ugh) "Insane" channels. And the only way the Insane channel is any good is if you keep the gain below 12 o'clock. Any higher than that and it gets really muddy.

Basically try this: put it on the "Insane" channel, put drive at about 11 o'clock, bass and mids at about 12 o'clock, and treble at about 3 o'clock. Keep the channel volume around 9 - 12 o'clock and control the volume with the master. This is what I do with my Spyder, and it's been pretty much the only way I've been able get a tolerable distorted tone.

I know you didn't ask for settings but I was hoping I could help you out a bit.