So basically, I wanna start learning theory. I've been playing for about 2 years just to learn songs, but now I wanna start to learn scales, modes, progressions, etc. What is the best way to learn? I know it's subjective, but I have no clue where to start. Maybe books or dvds? Any recommendations? Thanks
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Honestly, a teacher helps the most. There are plenty of books you can learn on your own. however, you could fit 15 work pages into like a 30 minute lesson. If you're into jazz at all the book Jazzology is amazing. It's even great for theory and still not into jazz
You should get a teacher to teach you that stuff. DVD's and Books are great but old school face to face learning is always the best way to go (atleast that's how it is for me).
Ya that's what I was thinking would be the best. The only problem is I don't have any income cause I don't have a job, so I can't make payments to a teacher
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

same here. i've been playing for about 7 months and i wanna start to learn theory.
but i cant afford a teacher so i was hoping someone could recommend a good to learn music theory.
obviously the more thorough the better even though i already have a general understanding of how it music theory works.
any good books to learn theory?

ill look into jazzology btw too.
Well, lucky for you, you have UG!

Start here and then keep it going. It's very well explained for those that know almost nothing about music, so two years of playing, you should, theoretically, do good through the beginning of these.