I don't think there really is a cricket in there, but every 30 seconds or so I hear a chirp coming from my Valveking head. It happens whether it's turned on or off and it sounds almost exactly like a cricket. Any ideas to what it could be?
If it sounds like a cricket, and it does it when the power is off, then its probably a cricket.

Unplug the amp and see if it still does it.
Quote by RandomJahLove
There could be a cricket in your amp.

It's possible. The only explanation is it must have gotten in there at the Peavey factory because this amp is brand spanking new.
i've seen this problem before.
you have a cricket in your amp.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Quote by Matt420740
If it sounds like a cricket, and it does it when the power is off, then its probably a cricket.

Unplug the amp and see if it still does it.

Yep, sure does! It's gotta die soon, I would think. It's been doing it all night.
Maybe some kinda bug crawled in?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.
Quote by MalGanisWL
play full volume and kill the bastard

his amp only goes to 10, everyone knows crickets only die when the amp goes to 11
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Turn the amp all the way up (wear hearing protection for your own good) and go nuts. It'll die or go into shock then die.
No way I can put volume to full blast or my mom would throw me out of the house -- so I put it at 12 o'clock with max gain, and played a stacked tritone. Let's see if he's dead.

This amp is louder than hell.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by cpt jaredkent
his amp only goes to 10, everyone knows crickets only die when the amp goes to 11

Yah, TS should have gotten the tube vypyr head. It goes up to 13. Every cricket in a 50 foot radius will die.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
Yah, TS should have gotten the tube vypyr head. It goes up to 13. Every cricket in a 50 foot radius will die.

Shoulda got a JCM900... Itz Gain Goez t0 20!!!
W.M.C.D

Tbh, George Bush shoulda gone after Marshall instead of Iraq.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Hows the cricket doing?

Give teh homie a break. He wants to rock with your t00bez.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by drewfromutah
No way I can put volume to full blast or my mom would throw me out of the house -- so I put it at 12 o'clock with max gain, and played a stacked tritone. Let's see if he's dead.

This amp is louder than hell.

Hahaha! Yes! The Devil's note will kill him, and he'll be damned for ever.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

... Seriously, if the amp is off and it's still making that sound, open it up and take the damn cricket (or whatever it is) out.

You're sure it's not in your cab, right?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
play as loud as you can, if he's anything like my neighbors, he'll be gone tomorrow
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
Quote by phlip999
Get a Spider to kill the cricket.

>.>

<.<

Hope it's all right with you if I sig that.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Dec 20, 2009,
If you don't take out the cricket, it's going to take out your amp one day.

One of these days the mofo is going to short the circuits when it lands in the wrong place.
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Oh well done And the 'kill the cricket with a spider' guy

This whole thread wins.
Thread is win.

I thought the Valveking was more of an American style amp, cricket is pretty british. Mod it for el34's or tell them to leave.

We are talking about CRICKET, right?
^ haha you said what I was thinking

I've heard of an amp full of bees but crickets is a new one. Maybe the Chinese factories have outsourced bees for cheaper, more accessible crickets?
... if there isnt really a cricket...

it could be caused by a messed microphonic tube, my amp did that also. If it still does it when everything is unplugged than...its a cricket
Quote by Rutch
Thread is win.

I thought the Valveking was more of an American style amp, cricket is pretty british. Mod it for el34's or tell them to leave.

We are talking about CRICKET, right?

VK sounds bad with EL34s

Its gain circuit is apparently JCM 900-esque.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
this is a common problem because as we all know, crickets love valvekings...
Quote by Stugg334
I just started writing a metal solo, and so far I have:

*Hit Lead Button On Mesa*
*Spread legs to width of 160cm*
*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Quote by AxSilentxLine

I've heard of an amp full of bees but crickets is a new one. Maybe the Chinese factories have outsourced bees for cheaper, more accessible crickets?

Nah, it's probably that Peavy realized how well this amp that's full of bees was selling well, so they tough "hey, why don't we put bugs in our amps too!?"