so i got a washburn WI14 that i don't use and wanna sell, havn't played it for a long time and the neck is a bit warped... all i do it turn the action to adjust it right??? which is the that allen wrench thing under that plate on the headstock... which way do i turn it though... counter clockwise or clockwise???? thanks...

i'm also using .11-.56 for string size to
firstly that is not adjusting the action it`s adjusting the trussrod, the direction you need to turn it will depend on whether the neck needs more bow or less bow. (clockwise = more bow, never turn more than a 1/4 of a turn at a time and leave several hours before making any more adjustment)

a warped neck will not be remedied by a truss rod adjustment alone, as warped generally infers a lateral twist.......you don`t know what you are doing take it to a tech
Quote by ibanezgod1973
firstly that is not adjusting the action it`s adjusting the trussrod, the direction you need to turn it will depend on whether the neck needs more bow or less bow. (clockwise = more bow, never turn more than a 1/4 of a turn at a time and leave several hours before making any more adjustment)

a warped neck will not be remedied by a truss rod adjustment alone, as warped generally infers a lateral twist.......you don`t know what you are doing take it to a tech

this.

and especially the bolded.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"