Hello!

I have an Ibanez SA120 with mahogny body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard. I want to replace the bridge pickup and I need some help with the choice.

I'm looking for a humbucker which can be split into single coil.

I play mostly pop-punk, emo and post-hardcore and the occasional metal through an Orange Tiny Terror. I play quite hard and with quite low gain (low for post-hardcore anyway). If often use drop tunings.

I want a really tight (tight palm mutes) but kind of "dirty" sound (not EMG-clean). I would prefer if it could work nicely for clean sounds too but good distorted is the most important. Thus what I'm looking for is something rather hot but still passive.

I've been looking at Seymour Duncans SH-4, SH-6 and SH-8 (JB Model, Distortion and Invader I believe) and the DiMarzio Super Distortion (which is the only DM which can be split as I see) though it doesn't seem like it's very tight.

Some guitar sounds I like: Green Day, My Chemical Romance for pop-punk, Underoath for post-hardcore.
I've got a JB and it nails the Underoath tone. I love it. it sounds great rolling off the volume to clean it up. With your tiny terror, you'll have that tone exactly. Its what Tim uses but I'm not sure about James.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
That sounds great and judging from the clips on Seymour Duncans website, it sounds great for clean stuff. But I've heard from other people that it can be kind of muddy, is that true? It's not Les Paul-muddy I hope? Because Les Pauls have a sound which I'm not too fond of...