Ok I've got quite a few ?s so answer any that you can if you would. thanks!

1 Has anyone bought either Douglas or Agile guitars from Rondomusic.com ?

2 How are those douglas 100 dollar guitars? are they made in China craptastic things, or are they good entry level guitars that are cheap because of a little known brand?

3 what are some good upgrade pickups under 50 bucks for a starter guitar (for rock, metal, blues)

4 what is the general opinion on Ibanez Infinity 3 and Infinity 4 pickups (stock p-ups in lower end RG series guitars)

5 Can a solid-state amp be pushed into natural distortion/overdrive, or is that only tube amps?

6 when you push an amp into natural distortion, do you do that by turning up the guitar volume, or the amp or does it not matter?

7 how much do tubes cost and how often do they need to be replaced?

Thanks for any help you guys can give, I'll edit the thread if i get any new ?s.
Honk
1. Agile guitars are very well made, and would fool anyone to thinking it's a high end brand
2. They're solid entry level guitars....but even the guy at rondo said he wouldn't use them live
3. dunno
4. I have an RG and the pickups are great for what I do....not overly hot
5. SS's just sound horrible when pushed, very harsh tone
6. Push the amp by raising the volume in any way you want, most will have a Master volume then a another volume knob to push the amp....you can use pedals and your guitar volume to do it too
8. Tubes can range from $10 to over $100, they dont need replacement very often, like a few years maybe? all depends how much u play it

hope this helps
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"

2 How are those douglas 100 dollar guitars? are they made in China craptastic things, or are they good entry level guitars that are cheap because of a little known brand?

3 what are some good upgrade pickups under 50 bucks for a starter guitar (for rock, metal, blues)

4 what is the general opinion on Ibanez Infinity 3 and Infinity 4 pickups (stock p-ups in lower end RG series guitars)

5 Can a solid-state amp be pushed into natural distortion/overdrive, or is that only tube amps?

6 when you push an amp into natural distortion, do you do that by turning up the guitar volume, or the amp or does it not matter?

Thanks for any help you guys can give, I'll edit the thread if i get any new ?s.
1. i haven't done it as i live in europ but plenty of people have done it

2. you can kind of predict what a $100 guitar will be like generally not so good, i've heard most stuff on rondomusic is pretty good

3. $50 will not realy get you any pickups, irongear are supposed to be pretty cheap and good

4.ibanez stock pickups are alright but in the long run may find yourself wanting to change them

5.i find that you have to put a solid state amp upto 10 to get the best sound from the amp, i can't say anything for tub amps as i don't have one yet.

6.to get the best natural distortion you realy need to have your guitar at 10 on volume and tone and then 10 on your amp

7.theprice of tube depends on what tubes you have, if you jave a 5watt amp you would be looking at about $50 if you did it your self, if you had a 100watt amp you could be looking at about $100 or more for tubes, it would cost more if you got a tech to do it for you
Well, this is just far too many questions for me to answer, but I can answer a couple.

Agile and Douglas guitars obviously aren't the top-notch in quality, but if you're only paying 100 dollars for a guitar, what do you really expect? They aren't horrible, but again... It's a 100 dollar guitar.

Also, you wanted to know what good upgrade pickups are under 50 bucks... But If you're upgrading your pickups save up and get something good, not some cheap pieces of crap. Save up 80-100 bucks for each pickup and get yourself some good DiMarzios or Seymour Duncans (I'd suggest a JB in the Bridge, and a '59 in the Neck.)

And to push an amp into "natural" distortion, yeah you just crank that bitch up really loud. Raising your guitar volume (I'm assuming you would do this via a booster or something) would just lead to overdrive which is different. I'm pretty confident natural distortion is specific only to Tube amps, but don't quote me on it.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Last edited by Jsteele1408 at Dec 20, 2009,

1. Haven't owned one but I've heard very good things
2. No idea
3. Look at Guitarfetish, $30 a pickup and they're great for the money
4. There not that great...pretty ordinary
5. I'm pretty sure they can't.
6. You turn up the amp volume, however if you had the volume on your guitar turned down then it would reduce the gain
7. The price varies...it all depends on use...
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Thanks guys, one question, is an agile LP copy similar in quality to say an epiphone LP standard, or a gibson LP or what?
Honk
I have heard nothing but phenominal things about the agile guitars.

As a matter of fact I will be buying a Agile lp and a sevn (or 8?) string from rondo when I get enough money
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
1. Has anyone bought either Douglas or Agile guitars from Rondomusic.com ?
Yes I have a douglas WR-340 and its great.

2. How are those douglas 100 dollar guitars? are they made in China craptastic things, or are they good entry level guitars that are cheap because of a little known brand?
I wouldnt buy the $100 except the Halo or SIV-45

3. what are some good upgrade pickups under 50 bucks for a starter guitar (for rock, metal, blues)
GFS Power Rails or Crunchy Rails www.guitarfetish.com

4. what is the general opinion on Ibanez Infinity 3 and Infinity 4 pickups (stock p-ups in lower end RG series guitars)
Never used them.

5. Can a solid-state amp be pushed into natural distortion/overdrive, or is that only tube amps?
Yes they can but they suck at it. You want a tube amp for that.

6. when you push an amp into natural distortion, do you do that by turning up the guitar volume, or the amp or does it not matter?
Turn the volume up, get he mega br00tlz tone. lol

7. how much do tubes cost and how often do they need to be replaced?
This I do not know.
Quote by britishsligean
1. i haven't done it as i live in europ but plenty of people have done it

2. you can kind of predict what a $100 guitar will be like generally not so good, i've heard most stuff on rondomusic is pretty good

3. $50 will not realy get you any pickups, irongear are supposed to be pretty cheap and good

4.ibanez stock pickups are alright but in the long run may find yourself wanting to change them

5.i find that you have to put a solid state amp upto 10 to get the best sound from the amp, i can't say anything for tub amps as i don't have one yet.

6.to get the best natural distortion you realy need to have your guitar at 10 on volume and tone and then 10 on your amp
7.theprice of tube depends on what tubes you have, if you jave a 5watt amp you would be looking at about $50 if you did it your self, if you had a 100watt amp you could be looking at about $100 or more for tubes, it would cost more if you got a tech to do it for you

Do i smell a troll??
1 Has anyone bought either Douglas or Agile guitars from Rondomusic.com?

I have both an Agile DC LP and a Douglas WRL

The $100 are basic starter type guitars my WRL was about $180 and IMO worth more I actually got it to give as a gift but after I played it I had to keep it.

I like Guitar Fetish for inexpensive pick ups that rock but Rockfield makes a great pick up for about that price as well

Not bad I find them hit of miss

You won't get any natural distortion on SS but most SS have a distortion setting. I am not a huge fan of the distortion from a tube amp I always used my Big Muff Pi when I was playing thru a Marshall

I always had my guitars vol maxed and used the vol and gain on the amp and my distortion pedal to get the distortion I liked some people might go a different way but that is what worked for me.

Tube Amps can be costly to maintain you just can't replace tubes randomly I used to send my amp once a year to get new tubes because I was gigging regularly I wanted it to perform at it's best.

John
Quote by Mukersman
Thanks guys, one question, is an agile LP copy similar in quality to say an epiphone LP standard, or a gibson LP or what?

I've heard its similar to epi. In fact apparently they're of a better build quality
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
I've heard its similar to epi. In fact apparently they're of a better build quality

Ive been studying the Agiles and Epiphones alot lately, and I have to say the $300+ Agiles tend to be of similar quality and sometimes noticeably better than Epiphones that cost at least twice as much more.