Hi everyone I'm new to the forums and I was wondering if any of you could help me solve a problem. When I first bought the guitar, it was awesome , didn't drop out of tune and all of that stuff. When I switched out strings one day then the guitar just wouldn't stay in tune when I used the tremolo and I tried many things such as putting more springs into the back. Then I decided to stop using the tremolo and it stayed in tuned perfectly until one day someone sat on guitar, which broke the input jack (the cord won't stay in and doesen't work) The guitar cord works though. I tried soldering a new one in but couldn't get it working again.

I was wondering if I should bother to bring it into a guitar store to try and get it fixed or if I should just try to buy a cheaper guitar when I get some money. Thanks for any responce.
the FR issue:

is the locking nut locked? are the strings/springs in it broken in already? is the bridge locked?

Jack Issue:

This is probably easily fixable unless the wood itself is damaged. Post pics of the output jack or use youtube for help.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
Quote by zeemonkey
the FR issue:

is the locking nut locked? are the strings/springs in it broken in already? is the bridge locked?

Jack Issue:

This is probably easily fixable unless the wood itself is damaged. Post pics of the output jack or use youtube for help.

this, and is the trem completely level? realize this is an LFR, so it's not going to have as much stability as an OFR.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
this, and is the trem completely level? realize this is an LFR, so it's not going to have as much stability as an OFR.

I got the tremolo completely leveled but it still went out of tune whenever I used the tremolo. Also here's a picture of my jacks. They both are not attached to my guitar at the moment. Broken one on the left and new one on the right.
Attachments:
1220091709.jpg
Last edited by Domn at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Domn
I got the tremolo completely leveled but it still went out of tune whenever I used the tremolo. Also here's a picture of my jacks. They both are not attached to my guitar at the moment. Broken one on the left and new one on the right.

yu said they were new strings? maybe they didn't stretch out completely? did you stretch them correctly? if not, then thats the problem. wait for them to settle in.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Before my input jack broke I stretched the strings out completely and to make sure I stretched them and let them sit over the course of three days about.
Quote by Domn
Before my input jack broke I stretched the strings out completely and to make sure I stretched them and let them sit over the course of three days about.

hmm. damnit, i'm out of ideas. where the hell is plum-text biga when you need him?
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
hmm. damnit, i'm out of ideas. where the hell is plum-text biga when you need him?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Quote by Domn
Thanks for the suggestions.

no problem. I will suggest that you take this to the FR set up sticky thread. biga pretty much thrives there. he'll solve this for you. tell him I sent you, he'll laugh.
Quote by pedromiles101