So ive reached a stage in my life where i have listened to a million different metal bands of different styles and genres,and metal has grown kinda boring to me probably the only metal band that still makes me wanna play their songs on guitar is DethKlok,otherwise i barely listen to metal anymore and thats sad cuz i really used to love it.

So anyone have or have had any similar feelings?

and any good bands ud reccomend for me to get over this metal slump
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

who would like to take this?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Idk theres something about DethKlok that just makes me wanna listen to their songs over and over again,a weird choice i must admit.
Quote by JacobTheMe

BTW that favorite bands list is old i made it when i first joined most of the bands there arent my faves now
Quote by JacobTheMe

really? DethKlok? They're alright, but not anywhere close to the most relevant metal band today. What about Mastodon, Nile, Immortal, Katatonia, Opeth, Baroness, Gojira? Besides, unless you've learned the Death discography, you still have metal tunes to learn.
ive never felt this...did you spend most of your life listening to metal and nothing else??

your obviously gonna get bored if you do that

i will never tire of it since i like a wide range of music with metal as my no1, so im not constantly being shreded on

the problem with most metal fans is that they are metal fans,,, and not a fan of anything else and everything else is apparently wrong
Quote by heavyprog
really? DethKlok? They're alright, but not anywhere close to the most relevant metal band today. What about Mastodon, Nile, Immortal, Katatonia, Opeth, Baroness, Gojira? Besides, unless you've learned the Death discography, you still have metal tunes to learn.

Heard all of those,i still occasionally listen to mastodon and opeth and sometimes Nile,baroness is okay i dont like gojira much and Nile and immortal are pretty good.

ive listened to a few death songs and its pretty good,which ones do u recomend?

Well thing is i cant really learn a song on guitar unless i love the song cuz if i think the song is just good the moment the song gets slightly complicated i give up on learning it.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Try listen to more obscure bands then the ones that you know. I'm not saying to listen to your local garbageman's grindcore side project but don't be under the pretense that the popular metal is all that's there.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Sometimes I get that feeling. Then I listen to Scald or something then I'm just like "lol nah, metal's awesome"
Considering you're 15/16 and not some wizened old mountain sherpa who would have heard everything, and looking at the list of your favourite bands, and Dethklok is 'the only band that makes you want to play their songs', just... nah.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by link no1
ive never felt this...did you spend most of your life listening to metal and nothing else??

your obviously gonna get bored if you do that

i will never tire of it since i like a wide range of music with metal as my no1, so im not constantly being shreded on

the problem with most metal fans is that they are metal fans,,, and not a fan of anything else and everything else is apparently wrong

i like u have a very wide taste with music but i grew up listening to metal every day my mom and dad love it,and while its never been the only thing ive listened to there where some times where i listened to it nonstop and times where i dont listen to any metal in days and i agree abotu what u say of metal fans.
Quote by JacobTheMe

I can relate, but in a completely different way.

A lot of the more "tradition" extreme metal genres don't really catch my ear as much as they used to. I don't listen to near as much tech death, melodic death, black metal, etc. as I used to, and probably should. The only metal I really ever sit down and listen to is most sludge, post metal, a little doom, and some of the more metal-metalcore.

I'm not saying I don't ENJOY DM, BM, etc., I just don't listen to them as much, and don't look for more music like that as much, unless I read something that piques my interests.

Probably just a phase, and I'll get back into it eventually, but I've kind of hit that wall of "Man, this just isn't hitting that sweet spot at the moment".
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by CTFOD
Considering you're 15/16 and not some wizened old mountain sherpa who would have heard everything, and looking at the list of your favourite bands, and Dethklok is 'the only band that makes you want to play their songs', just... nah.

Meh that doesn't mean much.
Quote by CTFOD

Im young but ive been listening to metal since i was a baby,16 years of it does get kinda boring ,i used to spend days downloading album after album of metal everyday to see if i liked anything new i once got 402 new albums in one day and i said DethKlok is the only metal band that makes me wanna play their songs i still play alot of stuff they just arent really metal and in certain cases arent rock either.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Havoc69
Im young but ive been listening to metal since i was a baby,16 years of it does get kinda boring ,i used to spend days downloading album after album of metal everyday to see if i liked anything new i once got 402 new albums in one day and i said DethKlok is the only metal band that makes me wanna play their songs i still play alot of stuff they just arent really metal and in certain cases arent rock either.

Quick, kvltest band you know.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by CG Man16
Quick, kvltest band you know.

Kvltest?
Quote by JacobTheMe

Yea I'm the same way, take a handful amount of bands I made the decision awhile back that i love melody over technicality or a reasonable mix. Thats why I listen to more punk or underground hip hop then anything else, nowadays. I still love my classics though Maiden, Metallica, and a couple of other bands that helped me discover the art of the guitar!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Havoc69
Kvltest?

Underground. Sorry, I assumed you've been around here before.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by CG Man16
Underground. Sorry, I assumed you've been around here before.

Most underground hmm tough one i know ive heard a ton of underground death metal just no name comes to mind,hmm idk DIE!,Jesaiah,The Lineage,The Machine not sure what u mean by underground either u mean bands that barely anyone knows about like local bands or bands that arent well known that play non-maimstream metal like extremem metal?
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Yea I'm the same way, take a handful amount of bands I made the decision awhile back that i love melody over technicality or a reasonable mix. Thats why I listen to more punk or underground hip hop then anything else, nowadays. I still love my classics though Maiden, Metallica, and a couple of other bands that helped me discover the art of the guitar!

Exactly how i feel.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Havoc69
Most underground hmm tough one i know ive heard a ton of underground death metal just no name comes to mind,hmm idk DIE!,Jesaiah,The Lineage,The Machine not sure what u mean by underground either u mean bands that barely anyone knows about like local bands or bands that arent well known that play non-maimstream metal like extremem metal?

Nevermind

Anyway, bands to get you into meal again

Agalloch
Scald
Inquisitor
Scythian
Vader
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Of those ive listened to Vader,Scythian and agalloch and their pretty good
Quote by JacobTheMe

I went through this for a bit, just listen to what you want to listen to. Try branching out in to some other genres.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Yeah. I don't really listen to it much anymore. I'll listen to a select few, and will never probably completely abandon metal, but other genres are just interesting me a lot more lately. I like more "fun" stuff I guess, like newer Bodom, The Faceless, Dir En Grey (lol flame me) and Cynic. I can't really stand "extreme" things anymore like early Anaal Nathrakh and the Berzerker. *shrug* Guess I grew up.
I went through a phase similar to that, started listening to more classic rock then jazz stuff, decided to look into black and post metal... now I ****ing love it

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Quote by \Powerslave/
Sometimes I get that feeling. Then I listen to Scald or something then I'm just like "lol nah, metal's awesome"

Exactly this, but instead of Scald, it's Vektor.
If you don't like it, go listen to something else. Why do you feel forced to be a fan of something you are getting bored of?
i hate threads like these

read:
Quote by AzureNight
If you don't like it, go listen to something else. Why do you feel forced to be a fan of something you are getting bored of?

My sig is better than yours