I DO NOT WANT TO TURN THIS INTO A BIG FLAME WAR

what is really so special about Rush?
All I hear about is how amazing Rush is...WHAT!?!?! Maybe it's the singers voice? Doesn't sound too special to me, yeah it's very distinct and original. But it just bugs me. How can anyone really listen to these guys?

AGAIN, I mean no offence if you like Rush. Just tell me why? I don't understand why every goes crazy over them.
Go see them live. You'll understand.

Edit: Felt like I should contribute more. There's only 3 of them, and they are all amazing with their instruments. Geddy actually plays his bass (and sings), Alex has a distinct advanced chord style and face-melting solos. He never overuses any scales or techniques. Let's not forget Neil Peart is, in fact, God. I could go on.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Last edited by BeerBlood at Dec 20, 2009,
Get the hell out
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Well I was going to give you an actual response, but then I saw your Avatar... Really? That would be like Britney Spears asking what is so special about Beethoven... Sorry dude. But yea, go see them live. They are all amazing musicians that can actually reiterate what they play on the record.
Quote by labria86
Well I was going to give you an actual response, but then I saw your Avatar... Really? That would be like Britney Spears asking what is so special about Beethoven... Sorry dude. But yea, go see them live. They are all amazing musicians that can actually reiterate what they play on the record.

I saw them when they started their Snakes and Arrows tour. They sounded better than on the record. They are one of those bands.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by Minion2580
Drums and keyboard are really good, but I cant stand the singers voice though.

keyboards are actually very basic, but the bass parts are awesome, and go listen to YYZ and watch i live video
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I like Rush because they have a unique sound, Lee, Lifeson, and Peart all technically sound musicians, and they play very well together. They still put on a stellar live show after being around for 35 years.

If you want more opinions, ask in the Rush thread.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.