Okay so it's time to find a replacement for my POS squire, I really want to get a Schecter Hellraiser 4 string but I think those might be discontinued by schecter. I am looking for something in the 500 dollar range and something that is versatile but mostly will be used for heavy rock (BFMV, atreyu, etc...) Anyone have an idea of one in the same price range and one that is good quality/looks badass? Thanks.
so yeah i'm actually ordering this bass tomorrow for christmas, the next step is an upgrade from the amp i have. any ideas for sounds that Tool, BFMV, Atreyu, Escape The Fate have? i'm looking in the 300ish range. thanks
Just go look at their websites, to see what gear their endorsed by.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by 6stringbassist
Just go look at their websites, to see what gear their endorsed by.

Do you really think he's going to be able to afford what TOOL or any of the other bands mentioned are endorsed by? Shit, some of Justin Chancellor's pedals are probably a couple hundred dollars let alone his amp.
Quote by Roundwounds
Do you really think he's going to be able to afford what TOOL or any of the other bands mentioned are endorsed by? Shit, some of Justin Chancellor's pedals are probably a couple hundred dollars let alone his amp.

but it can give you ideas of things like pick up layouts etc.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by charles2k
Okay so it's time to find a replacement for my POS squire, I really want to get a Schecter Hellraiser 4 string but I think those might be discontinued by schecter. I am looking for something in the 500 dollar range and something that is versatile but mostly will be used for heavy rock (BFMV, atreyu, etc...) Anyone have an idea of one in the same price range and one that is good quality/looks badass? Thanks.

$500 will get you a Fender Jazz, an Ibanez ATK, a high end Warwick Rockbass. I've not had any experience with Schecter basses but if you look for the right ones you can get $500 basses that equal $2000 ones so don't fixate on one, shop around and see what there is. With basses, all models are good for all genres, I love jazz basses but I never play jazz.
Can I implore you to not get anything based on looks? Because when that happens people buy BC Riches and Deans...

Quote by link no1
bullet and atreyu arnt rock

Yes they are?
Try, try, try.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright