Page 1 of 5
So if you guys are known on these forums (popular, recognised, whatever), are you proud of it or do you think its an indication that you use it way too much? Or do you not really give a toss.

Also, do your friends or family know that you use this forum and post on here? I don't think hardly anyone knows that i post here, and i would like to keep it that way, i have posted some relatively personal stuff that i wouldn't have done if i didn't have some sort of anonymity.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
well seeing as no one knows me i cannot answer your query
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I think I might be fairly well-known. Definitely not as much as others, but still fairly well-known. I don't think much of it.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Both, good and bad.

Anyone I talk to on a regular basis knows I post here, and my parents know. They just don't care. And why should they? It's a forum. People post on forums.

In terms of being known? I guess it has its drawbacks. Makes it easier to get away with stuff, at times, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
People wouldnt know me if I wasnt a mod. I'm hardly ever on when im not at work.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I take it as a personal insult that I am not well known. I boil with envy when I see a well known 08 or 09er.

/lie.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Nelsean
People wouldnt know me if I wasnt a mod. I'm hardly ever on when im not at work.

IRL work, or mod work?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I'm constantly being peer pressured into leaving The Pit for good, such are the consequences of having your friends know about this kind of stuff
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
i dont think many people know me, which i think is good.
my hovercraft is full of eels
Being well-known is neither inherently good or bad. It depends what you're known for.

stratkat
I'm not popular but am somewhat recognised, probably for my presence in the Hugging Thread and some work in groups. Don't really care, but it makes the forums a little more enjoyable as people respond to you more.

Too much time goes into these forums, but what they're here for is to kill spare time so it works.
Quote by Nelsean

You are a mod and I don't even know you.

I miss posting on here I really don't get the chance anymore. I think I used to be fairly well known, but then we got that massive influx of 08'ers which I think was UG's worst year for new users and it drove me away, now I don't get the time to post since UG has gotten better.
I like this place. I spend a fair amount of my internet time here. Other than that I'm not really obsessed with any popularity garnered. And for what it's worth I know your name as much as many others may know mine. Don't matter.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by fallenangel20
Makes it easier to get away with stuff, at times, though.

Lol, true that. It's a wonder I haven't been perma'd yet.

*disclaimer*

This is not an invitation for any cheeky mods to ban me for kicks and giggles.

I'm not known well on this forum but I am on this other one and I find it is an indication of going on it way too much.

My family knows I have used it but I doubt they have any clue how much. As far as coming on here it is usually just posting in the Musician Talk forum anyway. I only come to The Pit when I'm extremely bored or the other forum I go on can't handle having a semi-serious conversation.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
The less people know of me, the better. I don't want to be a Corey or a Kensai and always have people hugging my nuts every time I post something.
Quote by Nelsean

I knew you pre-Mod-ness.

You had the kickass Mario avatar, and frequented the video game thread, among other awesome stuffs.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Nelsean

I'd know your sexy avatar.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I think its good and bad. It means im slightly clever, but also means i need to get the hell off UG.

however, i have evaded quite a few bans for being a recognized user, which is great
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
The less people know of me, the better. I don't want to be a Corey or a Kensai and always have people hugging my nuts every time I post something.

The ball's in your court then, and in their mouths, you can direct them to your will...

...Λ
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by happytimeharry
Lol, true that. It's a wonder I haven't been perma'd yet.

*disclaimer*

This is not an invitation for any cheeky mods to ban me for kicks and giggles.

Right? I mean, I'm not saying I've done things that would get me insta-banned, but I'm sure I've gotten away with my fair share of spam, and whatnot.

Really, the first person I thought of was Meths. I mean, he flames the hell out of people, and it's what he's known for, he just does it in an educated manner, and not throwing dumb stuff out there. So, with his fame, he just kind of gets away with the tongue lashings.

Meths

Saxo-Walrus

I am a proud loser in the real world, and being popular here (almost) makes up for my lack of real friends.
Not a single unknown user has posted in this thread. We're all whores.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I wouldn't really know
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Jackal58

and the best part is 90% of us don't even deserve to be here. nearly every single one of us has sidestepped a vicious permabanning through with and charm somehow.
Quote by Jackal58

And don't forget proud.

Saxo-Walrus

new here, Im like a god in another forum though, crazy how you just switch over somewhere else and no1 knows you lol

and this board failed hard for not including your post count near your username
I'd put it more along the side of bad. You can always spend the time on something more productive. It's just a time waster though, and it isn't anything to be ashamed or anything about.

As for friends and family knowing, they don't. I pretty much never post, though I lurk some and use the tabs and such. They pretty much just think i'm looking up new music.
Originally Posted by bucktheduck
You think you're any better, swamping in sexual filth with fangs bared and blood red eyes? I see through the cold blood of you reptiles, none of you can do any good to a world that I need to fix.

Apparently, me.
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
No one knows who I am.

Shut up, noob.

I joke.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I used to be more well known than I am now
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Kid Lucas
new here, Im like a god in another forum though, crazy how you just switch over somewhere else and no1 knows you lol

and this board failed hard for not including your post count near your username

Pit posts don't count, anyways.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Jackal58
I like this place. I spend a fair amount of my internet time here. Other than that I'm not really obsessed with any popularity garnered. And for what it's worth I know your name as much as many others may know mine. Don't matter.

im known (i think) in a bad way because of this motherlicker!
Last edited by sol-sob-on-pcp at Dec 20, 2009,
I miss the days when people had no fake persona, no fake identity or fake popularity on the internet. Back when you couldn't have avatars on forums in the early 90's and posts were totally anonymous. I don't mean UG of course but internet forums in general.

Now you have people like uh, Kensai or whatever who are complete popularity *****s and have droves of losers living vicariously through them by boosting up their fake internet popularity, as well as trying way too hard to be witty/clever to attain that Maddox style internet popularity. It's pathetic.

But oh well, to each their own. That's the beauty of the internet.
Last edited by AzureNight at Dec 20, 2009,
Nah I'm not too well known really.
Read a lot of the forums, but don't post in them too much.
That's probably sadder than the other way around *sigh*
Page 1 of 5