Getting an acoustic guitar to just sort of play around on. Looking to spend under $200. Any ideas?
Yamaha FG700, soild top. Best in that price range hands down.
Yamaha FG730S
Last edited by NC_Acoustic at Dec 21, 2009,
Yamaha makes great acoustics for that price range. Kona isn't half bad either, but you want to be careful with some of their guitars.

(both companies offer decent solid tops for under $200)

It might not be a bad idea either to head to a local music shop and/or pawn shop. You could receive recommendations left and right, but the best thing to do would be to try out a few.
Quote by PSM
It sounds good, it plays great, it's cheap as hell, why not? I don't care if it's made out of cardboard as long as it does what I need it to.
Last edited by clindage at Dec 20, 2009,
Thanks a lot. I was already narrowing my search between a Fender and Yamaha that I found. I'll probably go with the Yamaha, thanks!
Quote by mcjones
Thanks a lot. I was already narrowing my search between a Fender and Yamaha that I found. I'll probably go with the Yamaha, thanks!

It would be a good idea in that case. Fender tends to have sub-par acoustics. You're mainly paying for the name on the headstock.
Quote by PSM
It sounds good, it plays great, it's cheap as hell, why not? I don't care if it's made out of cardboard as long as it does what I need it to.