ok... i TOTALLY wanna build my own guitar... i wanna do a neck through guitar... i kinda wanna do a v nut idk how that will work out... thinkn maybe an alexi v? anyways.. can some one give me a list of all the thools i will need?? and a price estimate for each tool? U.S money... also i need to decide wat woods to use... i am completly new to all this and i would love everyones imput...
Quote by kiaba94
ok... i TOTALLY wanna build my own guitar... i wanna do a neck through guitar... i kinda wanna do a v nut idk how that will work out... thinkn maybe an alexi v? anyways.. can some one give me a list of all the thools i will need?? and a price estimate for each tool? U.S money... also i need to decide wat woods to use... i am completly new to all this and i would love everyones imput...

Read all of the sticky's and the threads within the central hub at the top of this forum

I highly recommend you buy Make Your Own Electric Guitar and Bass by Melvyn Hiscock. Building Electric Guitars by Martin Koch is good too

Your gonna need a lot of tools and if you dont have any already its gonna be a big investment, dont expect to save any money by building instead of buying

Read the tonewood thread to help choose what woods to use
Impossible is Nothing
Last edited by solomon684 at Dec 20, 2009,
for tools basically all you need is a bandsaw, a plunge router, and a sander.....im sorry i have no idea what they cost i just use my neighbors.
but the whole point of this thread was to get someone else opinion.. i hav looked at the tonewood thread and i hav no idea... and thank you jimjam for the basic list... ill see if my uncle has those things and if not ill try to buy them.. and also im not building a guitar to save money... im building a guitar to hav something to call my own.. something worthwhile that i created with my own two hands.. it will be extremely rewarding
Dude try a google search first.n Project guitar.com is one of the best sites on the net for stuff like this. they also hav a forum to ask professionals there advise. (by professional i mean realy talented builders whove been at it much longer than me.)