Hi, looking at lots of metalish guitars, and seeing lots for good prices (ltd series) with emgs. however, i don't really want emgs, and if i bought such a guitar, would want to swap them out with passives.
Is this a big deal? I have changed pickups, potentiometers and pickup selectors before, but what is required to change from actives to passives? Is there a different capacitor? If so, where would I buy one?

Thanks
youll need to change everything, the pots have to be 500k instead of the 25k with EMGs, youll also need to ground your bridge, cause active pickups arent grounded to the bridge.

basically its a full rewire, new pots and all
Gear
-----------------
ESP LTD B-104
Prehistoric Jay Turser P Copy - Custom Pickguard/Stickers
Jay Turser vintage series strat copy
Peavey NanoValve 30w
Boss DS-1
Quote by TexMex
youll need to change everything, the pots have to be 500k instead of the 25k with EMGs, youll also need to ground your bridge, cause active pickups arent grounded to the bridge.

basically its a full rewire, new pots and all

Yeah, and if the guitar you're looking at doesnt have a trem, adding the ground can be quite difficult. If its got a trem, its simple.
Everything but the pickup selector switch has to be replaced. Well you could use the stereo jack that is required for the EMG's and not use the third lug but if your gonna sell the EMG's it's better to buy a new mono jack so you can let the stereo jack go with the pickups. The buyer will need it to install the EMG's in their guitar.
oh, thats pretty lame, sounds like a lot of work. I knew i'd have to change the pots but didn't know about all the other stuff. wish ltd made guitars with dimarzio pups, that or guitars with cheap pups for cheaper so i could swap them with dimarzios