Nothing too special, saw this posted on the local craigslist and pounced. Its a 1985 made in Japan Boss SD-1, picked her up for $50. I was looking for something to use on my clean channel for a bluesy grit as I have the clean boost, Dano TOD soon to be a real Timmy, and the mid gain classic rock tones, Dano CC Drive, covered. So I know why you all came in here, it was for the pics and clips. No clips unfortunately, my amp is being used by someone else atm but here are some pics.

pretty good shape considering its almost 25 years old

Made in Japan

Serial Number, thanks to bossarea.com for providing the serial decoder
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
OPDs are the best kind!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
yea I now have three pedals that are older than I am
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

nice. i found an old dod pedal made in usa recently.

and it's funny how people rip on boss pedals but love most roland products.
^ it's the newer crap they make that does it, I think.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Congrats, old Boss pedals are awesome. People who rip on Boss don't know nothin'.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
tbh I prolly wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't vintage. Is there any difference sound wise or schematic wise between the early Boss products and the current ones? or if I bought a new SD-1 would it sound the same.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

^ Well, most of their newer designs are just plain terrible, IMO. e.g. the CH-1 or CE-5 can't hold a candle to the CE-2.

But I think they've also started board-mounting the pots on their classics like the SD-1, DS-1, etc. I haven't actually opened one up to look but I've heard it's the case.

I hate PCB-mounted components. They're such a bitch to swap out when they fail.

I'm guessing that they won't be using the same op-amps as the modern pedals, but the circuit will most likely be the same.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I'm guessing that they won't be using the same op-amps as the modern pedals, but the circuit will most likely be the same.

The op-amp doesn't make as giant a difference as most people believe though.

There's a video of the guy from Visual Sound running a tubescreamer with a chip for a VGA video card in the op-amp slot and it sounds pretty well identical.