thats a pretty good guitar. you have an amp?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by yoyoguitarist
Yeah, A crappy crate one. I kinda want a nice one, yet have no cash. Recommendations?

well, whats your maximum budget for this stuff?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
for the amp? maybe get a Vox AD15VT or Peavey Vypyr 15?
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
get a small 15 or 30 watt tube amp and you will see an exponential increase in sound quality.

he's not going to find a tube amp in that range above 5w. Besides, most tube amps in that range are total crap anyway. Low price is where solid state is king.

Anyway, Peavey Vypyr 15.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
no, but if you want to not make people laugh at you for your tone get a decent amp. To be honest though, don't bother with effects and distortion till you have a reasonable ability to play.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thats cool, thanks for the help. I'm not a total noob, I just need a nice electric before i leave for school.
Okay everyone knows what im going to reply by now. For the price you are paying for that Epiphone you could get a much better LP copy here. www.rondomusic.com I suggest maybe a Agile Dauntless. Lay come in tons of different colors and finishes, as well as a choice of different humbuckers. http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss11.html
As far as the amp goes, i'd suggest a Roland Cube.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112