Hi everyone...I'm a noob and need some help

What guitar should I get for less than 200 bucks, preferably less than 150?

What are some good free online resources for someone who wants to teach themselves guitar?

What are some good beginner songs for a noob to learn and keep interested?

Thanks
Just look in a music store for guitars. for 150, you aint getting much.

Online resources? You're on the best one right now.

Smoke on the water, Iron man, War Pigs, Enter Sandman...
Quote by cbiedess
What guitar should I get for less than 200 bucks, preferably less than 150?

Acoustic: A used Yamaha FG700s.

Although even a brand new FG700s probably comes in at only about $200. But it's a popular beginner's guitar, so lots of them are sold to people who want to learn guitar. After 2 lessons, the person loses interest, and stashes the mint condition Yamaha in the closet for a couple of years. Eventually, it's sold used, but like new, for $100. Sometimes with a hard case and a Korg tuner thrown in. Since it sounds like you're on a tight budget, buy it used.

Electric: A new Squier Affinity Stratocaster, for around $175. If your budget has to cover an amp and cable along with the guitar, change that to a new Squier Bullet Stratocaster, for about $110, and pick up a used Roland Micro Cube or Peavey Vypyr 15 off of craigslist for around $70.

However, there are LOTS of other ways you could go with this.
--
Michael
Quote by 123Michael321
Acoustic: A used Yamaha FG700s.

Although even a brand new FG700s probably comes in at only about $200. But it's a popular beginner's guitar, so lots of them are sold to people who want to learn guitar. After 2 lessons, the person loses interest, and stashes the mint condition Yamaha in the closet for a couple of years. Eventually, it's sold used, but like new, for $100. Sometimes with a hard case and a Korg tuner thrown in. Since it sounds like you're on a tight budget, buy it used.

Electric: A new Squier Affinity Stratocaster, for around $175. If your budget has to cover an amp and cable along with the guitar, change that to a new Squier Bullet Stratocaster, for about $110, and pick up a used Roland Micro Cube or Peavey Vypyr 15 off of craigslist for around $70.

However, there are LOTS of other ways you could go with this.
--
Michael

Hey man thanks....tons of help...I'm looking for acoustic...so yamaha fg700 the way to go?
Quote by cbiedess
so yamaha fg700 the way to go?

It's one way to go. It's a popular and generally well regarded acoustic guitar in the $200 price range.

That's no guarantee that it's a good match for you. But since all you really gave me to work with was that you were a noob and wanted to spend less than $200, I named the FG700s. Sort of how if someone posted that he wanted a motor vehicle and wanted to spend under $20,000, I might recommend a 2010 Toyota Corolla.

Doesn't mean a Corolla's necessarily the best choice for that person.
--
Michael
the yamaha fg700s is the only solid top guitar with good build quality and gloss finish for $200. the rest cost more. if you just can't go that high, stick with yamaha in any case as even the laminate versions are well made.
Yamaha F335. Sounded so great in the $200 or less range, I have one myself. Beats a lot of the guitars I hear other students having too.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘