Hey guys,

I have a 4 string Fender Aerodyne J/P bass and I want to know what would be a good brand, gauge, type of strings I should get. I play mostly Rock (Kiss, AC/DC, Godsmack, Metallica) and I play some funk and blues. What do you think?
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
I use Ernie Ball regular slinky ( med. gauge, 105-50) and their real good with rock, but im positive if you get a lighter gauge, youll have a much funkier sound.
check out rotosound swing .66's. although they are very, very bright at first. almost to the point of harsh. i love them though.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I always use D'Addario medium lights (100 - 45). I think they're ideal for rock, not too heavy but still with a decent low and not too bright.
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
The thing with strings is that it's personal preference. Everyone is going to suggest what strings they like or use.

What you should do in my opinion is make a list of strings you want to try for example:
1. Rotosound swing
2. Warwick red labels
3. Ernie ball Slinkies
etc

then every time you need new strings, buy a different a different type off the list.

Eventually you will discover which you like the best. It's long winded, but it works.

x

EDIT: i personally think red labels are tasty.
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.